TV cable schematics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV cable schematics

I have a GD Reflection 220RK. The tv isn't consistant on scanning for channels so I have checked several different connections trying to determine the problem. To assure myself that it was a cable problem and not a TV problem ,I ran a jumper cable from the antenna straight to the TV and I got a quick scan with many more channels than ever so it is clear the problem is in the cable wiring. Did GD have a schematic for how it is wire?

Originally posted by NatAngell View Post
    I have a GD Reflection 220RK. The tv isn't consistant on scanning for channels so I have checked several different connections trying to determine the problem. To assure myself that it was a cable problem and not a TV problem ,I ran a jumper cable from the antenna straight to the TV and I got a quick scan with many more channels than ever so it is clear the problem is in the cable wiring. Did GD have a schematic for how it is wire?
    Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum. If you'll add your VIN to your profile, or post it in this thread, or send the VIN to GDRV-Megan in a private message, if there's a diagram she will get it to you.

What year is your 220RK?

If I may be blunt--the diagram is not going to help much (if there is one).

Here's what I suggest: since you were able to find several connections, disconnect them (one at a time) starting with the one closest to the TV. Tie in your jumper cable and do the channel search. Is it good? If "yes", then the wire from that connection to the TV is good. Proceed to the next connection and repeat the test with the jumper at that location. Eventually you'll find where the problem exists. It could be a loose connection or even a poorly crimped coax cable connection.

On a forum related note, using an email address as a forum name is generally not a good practice. A moderator (like me) is required to change your username, so if you'll like me to edit your forum name down to NatAngell or something else similar let me know and I'll take of it ASAP.

-Howard
    Last edited by howson; 03-25-2020, 06:38 PM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes, please change it, I don't know how. As far as using the jumper that is what I did and my problem is betweem the antenna and the booster. What I'm trying to figure out is how I can make it work so that I can still hook up to CG cable if I choose to yet bypass the booster, because that seems to be the splitter

Comment

Yes, please change it, I don't know how. As far as using the jumper that is what I did and my problem is betweem the antenna and the booster. What I'm trying to figure out is how I can make it work so that I can still hook up to CG cable if I choose to yet bypass the booster, because that seems to be the splitter
        Forum name changed. I have (or will) edit out your email in the previous posts, too.

I was suggesting repeating what you did at the intermediary points between the antenna and booster. In the bedroom there's a second cable connection for a TV. That means that there are splitters in the system somewhere. The trick is tracking them down. (Obviously why you want a diagram--I get it!) There could even be a splitter behind the booster switch, as it is not unusual for the antenna connection to the radio to come over coax. I've even found a splitter behind my water pump in the pass-thru (street side). One cable from the splitter heads towards the entertainment center and the other to the coax connection accessible in the 315RLTS' passthru on the curb side.

Again -- get your VIN to GDRV-Megan and let's see if she can come up with a diagram. Unfortunately GD does not build the 220RK anymore so I have nothing to reference. (Sorry!)
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

I searched everywhere I could get to and had no loose connections that I could tell. I called GD and even though it is out of warranty for a few months, since it was a repeat problem they are going to cover it with my dealer. That is American service

Comment

I searched everywhere I could get to and had no loose connections that I could tell. I called GD and even though it is out of warranty for a few months, since it was a repeat problem they are going to cover it with my dealer. That is American service
            Grand Design is known for taking care of their customers! Please follow up when the dealer finds/fixes your issue. I'm sure there's more than a few readers that will be interested now (and in the future). TIA!

Comment

Will do.........

Comment

I too would like a diagram for how my rig is wired for cable (2020 2930RL-R). There are 4 coax cable inlets in the service bay in the basement. One goes to the main TV. We are using an Xfinity modem/router for cable TV and internet service and I've managed to get cable TV on the main TV where the router is hooked up. How do I get cable in the bedroom or the coax cable connection in the basement?
                2018 RAM 3500 LB SRW
                2020 Solitude S-class 2930RL-R

Comment

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
                  I too would like a diagram for how my rig is wired for cable (2020 2930RL-R). There are 4 coax cable inlets in the service bay in the basement. One goes to the main TV. We are using an Xfinity modem/router for cable TV and internet service and I've managed to get cable TV on the main TV where the router is hooked up. How do I get cable in the bedroom or the coax cable connection in the basement?
                  GDRV-Megan -- Bill M's VIN is in his profile. Please PM him a diagram (if one exists). TIA! (Bill--you should see a "Private Message" from Megan soon, but realize with the real-world events right now nothing is "normal", so please be patient.)

Howard

Comment

Working...
                  X