Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold refrigerator

We have a 2020 GD reflection.
    The refrigerator has started blowing fuse often.
    The dealer replaced the limit switch but did not fix the problem. Any advice?

Is this the fuse on the fridge circuit board or the fuse in the main 12V panel ?

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

To add to Rob’s question in what operation mode: gas, electric or both?
      Colan Arnold
      2016 Momentum 397TH
      Full time since 2016

Comment

I am having the same issue with my 2020 Grand Reflection blowing the 5 amp fuse on the circuit board as well, been waiting on a tech for 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by Donnie View Post
          I am having the same issue with my 2020 Grand Reflection blowing the 5 amp fuse on the circuit board as well, been waiting on a tech for 3 days.
          Donnie--what model Reflection do you have? The more information you provide the better forum members can provide feedback.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Any resolution to the fuse issue in this thread? I currently have the same problem. The 5-amp fuse in the power control box is blowing. I just happed to be looking at the fridge when it happened last time and I saw just for a second, an error code flickered "LO DC". The battery was at 13.5V. Not sure which occurred first, the LO DC or the fuse blowing.....assuming the fuse....what's causing it?

2020 GD Solitude 310GK
            2018 Ford F350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by ammodude View Post
              Any resolution to the fuse issue in this thread? I currently have the same problem. The 5-amp fuse in the power control box is blowing. I just happed to be looking at the fridge when it happened last time and I saw just for a second, an error code flickered "LO DC". The battery was at 13.5V. Not sure which occurred first, the LO DC or the fuse blowing.....assuming the fuse....what's causing it?

2020 GD Solitude 310GK
              2018 Ford F350 DRW
              I know this thread is referencing the Norcold 2118--is that also the 'frig in your Solitude?

Click image for larger version

Name:	21118.JPG
Views:	1627
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	22241
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Yes....it's a 2118

Comment

I don't know the answer, but can speculate based on what I see in the manual. (Pic below)

Name:	Norcold Schematic.JPG
Views:	2459
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	22244

First, I assume there's a short in the 12v power wire (since the fuse blows immediately) or there's a serious problem in either the Power Board or Display Board.

MAKE SURE POWER IS OFF before proceeding!

Check for continuity (assuming you have a multimeter) from pin 6 on the power board to pin 1. If there's zero resistance that's a bad thing...that's a short. What you should read is infinite resistance (an "open").

If there's a short, either the wire from the Power Board to the Display Board is pinched or shorted to ground somewhere or there's a problem on the Display Board. If you can find P1 on the Display Board, disconnect it and check continuity again. If there's still a short--it's likely in the wire. If it changed to an open, the fault is probably in the Display Board.

If the initial meter reading was an open, install a new fuse (POWER OFF!) and check for continuity again from pin 6 to pin 1. If there's a short now, I suspect the Power Board is bad.

I was Avionics, so very tempted to tease you a bit about the Ammodude! forum name, but I'll resist until you know it's all tongue-in-cheek. (I'm a retired USAF Maintenance CMSgt.)

iyaayas!

Howard

Comment

Thanks Chief! I'm a retired senior but still in the ammo business (Randolph) for six more months.... Thanks for the instructions. I'll work through them this weekend. IYAAYAS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Triplethreat

Ammodude........many times that 5A fuse will blow because of an issue with one or more of the cooling fans on the back side of the frig....There are two up high, and a tiny one down low.....and all three of them are fed, through circuitry, from the 5A fuse. That would be the first place I would look.
                      Great input--mine was purely speculation. Do the fans have connectors on them or are they hard-wired?

Comment

Great input guys....thanks so much! Hopefully I can figure this out. Called the dealer and they can't touch it for 6-8 weeks.

Comment

Great input guys....thanks so much! Hopefully I can figure this out. Called the dealer and they can't touch it for 6-8 weeks.
                          It looks like you can disconnect P4 on the Power Board to isolate two of the fans.

Name:	P4 Fans.JPG
Views:	1461
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	22323

Name:	Power Board.JPG
Views:	1398
Size:	171.4 KB
ID:	22324

Comment

...they can't touch it for 6-8 weeks.
                            Thinking about this a bit more...the goal here is to get the refrigerator fixed, not to become expert troubleshooters on a Norcold refrigerator. The dealer's response that it could be 6-8 weeks to look at a non-functioning refrigerator is unacceptable (IMO).

The other factor in play here is even if we can isolate exactly what is wrong, Norcold may not ship a replacement part. Some component OEMs will only ship to "authorized repair centers" or personnel.

What I recommend you do is call GD Customer Service (see the forum's home page with phone # on the "business card") and explain to them what's going on. Have your VIN handy as they will require it.

Ask if GD knows of a Norcold-authorized mobile repair service. (In San Antonio--there has to be one!) GD *should* authorize a warranty service call by the mobile repair service, though you may have to pay a "service fee" that GD will not cover. (The service fee is the cost of the repair person coming to you vs you taking the rig to them.) The actual labor and parts, if required, won't cost anything.

Hope you get this resolved quickly.

Howard

Comment

Originally posted by Triplethreat

Howard, you have the wrong set of wires highlighted in RED in the drawing above. That is the wiring for the internal fans, designate "Y" and "G" in the nomenclature of the schematic....one for the fresh food section and the other for the freezer section. The correct wiring for the fans on the rear of the frig come off of terminal point #5. If you follow that line over, on the schematic drawing, you will see three more fans.....they are the two fans in the rear of the frig that are mounted up towards the top, and the tiny little fan that is mounted more towards the bottom area of that compartment.
                              Why couldn't the internal fans also be causing a problem due to the INTERNAL FANS 12+ circuit as they are powered by the 5A fuse, too? P4 is separate from P1 so it is easy enough to isolate--unplug P4. Right?

The other fans do indeed appear to get power from P1 pin 5 from the AUXILIARY +12VDC circuit, but where does that power originate? It is unclear to me as there's no connection to F1 that I can find on the schematic. . power appears to go TO the Temperature Monitor Control ("H") but where does +12v originate? None of the wires have the "dot" signifying a connection/splice. Maybe "12V In" on the Temperature Board means "12V into the fan circuit"...honestly, I'm not sure.

I will also admit I don't understand "K6" in the drawing on the P4 Pin 1 circuit from the 5A fuse. K6 sure looks like a capacitor symbol, but if I remember electronic fundamentals...a capacitor is not placed in series in a DC circuit. A typical designation is "C", not "K", too. Maybe I'm just an 'ol dinosaur and haven't kept up with the latest on schematics and/or components. Or have forgotten?

BL--I can't make sense of these circuits based on what Norcold has provided. Hopefully someone can explain...

Name:	Confused.JPG
Views:	2425
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	22333

Comment

Working...
                              X