Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Dometic Refrig require both 12v DC & 120V AC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Dometic Refrig require both 12v DC & 120V AC?

We've been using our Dometic refrig in our 2600RB to store some food that to be kept cold and/or frozen to cut back on trips to the grocery store. Holding safe temps have not been an issue. I'm ready to change out the WFCO converter/charge for a PD unit which handles our lithium batteries.

I'm thinking I can run an external extension cord to the AC side of the refrig, but I believe the control panel requires 12V DC, which won't be available while I swap out the converter/charger. I know it needs 12V to fire off propane, but am unsure if just running on AC will keep the unit running. The swap should take less than 45 minutes, so it shouldn't be a big issue, but in case there's a problem in the swap, I'd like to have a heads up.
    2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
    2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
    FMCA # 489460

Originally posted by Running from Gnats View Post
    We've been using our Dometic refrig in our 2600RB to store some food that to be kept cold and/or frozen to cut back on trips to the grocery store. Holding safe temps have not been an issue. I'm ready to change out the WFCO converter/charge for a PD unit which handles our lithium batteries.

I'm thinking I can run an external extension cord to the AC side of the refrig, but I believe the control panel requires 12V DC, which won't be available while I swap out the converter/charger. I know it needs 12V to fire off propane, but am unsure if just running on AC will keep the unit running. The swap should take less than 45 minutes, so it shouldn't be a big issue, but in case there's a problem in the swap, I'd like to have a heads up.
    Yes , the refer requires 12 v dc to operate the controls and boards. I think you should be fine while making the swap.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Yes , the refer requires 12 v dc to operate the controls and boards. I think you should be fine while making the swap.

Brian
      Thanks Brian. I appreciate your confirming what I was thinking.

Update: I completed the converter/charger swap in about 30 minutes and everything is up and running. Lithium batteries are topping out and the refrigerator is staying cool in the south GA heat. Thanks again.
      Last edited by Running from Gnats; 04-10-2020, 02:45 PM.
      2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
      2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
      Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
      FMCA # 489460

Comment

This post was moved to it's own thread here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...-out-converter

-Howard (moderator)
        Last edited by howson; 02-09-2021, 11:32 AM.
        2021 Imagine 22MLE

Comment

cvretis (Charlie)--I moved your post to it's own thread. I put the link in your post above. -Howard (moderator)
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X