Replacing microwave with convection microwave in 2500RL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing microwave with convection microwave in 2500RL

We are wanting to replace our microwave with a convection microwave. We were told by our dealer that there isn’t a unit out there to fit. I’m still hoping that there might be an option....any ideas?
    Last edited by howson; 04-12-2020, 03:25 PM.
    John and Pat
    F150 V8 2019
    2020 2500RL Imagine

Originally posted by Jbtpat200 View Post
    [SIZE=10px]We are wanting to replace our microwave with a convection microwave. We were told by our dealer that there isn’t a unit out there to fit. I’m still hoping that there might be an option....any ideas?
    Oops--I edited your post instead of responding. And I haven't even had an adult beverage yet today! Sorry 'bout that...I fixed it.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We are wanting to replace our microwave with a convection microwave. We were told by our dealer that there isn’t a unit out there to fit. I’m still hoping that there might be an option....any ideas?
      Here's how I meant to respond the first time!

Jbtpat200--welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum.

To ensure you get accurate responses, what year is your 2500RL? It helps if you fill out a signature line--the "How To" is here:
      https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...-to-your-posts

-Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

I guess the year would help...it’s a 2020. Thanks
        John and Pat
        F150 V8 2019
        2020 2500RL Imagine

Comment

Jbtpat200
          Hi John & Pat

If the parts look-up is correct, attached is a picture of your microwave. (There is also a stainless steel version in the parts list) BTW . . . you know that a 2500RL is an Imagine, but many on this multi Grand Design product site would have to go and look that up. One more thing to add to your signature .

That looks like a pretty small opening to fit a convection microwave into. The original microwave is easy to remove. Four screws. This would allow you to measure the opening and the dimensions of the space behind, to go shopping for a replacement. If you find one, let us know! Several (including me) have that relatively small and basic microwave . . . although, it does work well for its intended purpose.

Rob
          Attached Files
          Cate & Rob
          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks so much...Added Imagine to signature. The microwave is good but the oven is way too small. We will probably just get a counter top convection oven. Will keep everyone posted.
            John and Pat
            F150 V8 2019
            2020 2500RL Imagine

Comment

Thanks so much...Added Imagine to signature. The microwave is good but the oven is way too small. We will probably just get a counter top convection oven. Will keep everyone posted.
              Not exactly an oven, but if you haven't seen or tried an Instant Pot, it is one of my DW's favorite kitchen devices. Perfect for the RV. Lots of YouTube videos on how to use.

Comment

the oven is way too small. We will probably just get a counter top convection oven. Will keep everyone posted.
                Before you give up a large chunk of your counter space to a stand alone convection oven, you might want to give your built in oven a try. There are a lot of things that sit a few inches high and can be cooked on a baking sheet that fits the space available. Have a read through this thread . . . not a very "supportive" title, but some good back-and-forth discussion. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...n-furrion-junk

Between the built in oven and the Instant Pot that Howard references, there is not much that Cate can't create in her RV kitchen.

Rob

Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
                X