TVs Don't Get Same Channels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TVs Don't Get Same Channels

My TV in the bedroom of my Solitude does not ever pick up the same channels as the living room OTA channels. Does anyone have any ideas?

Originally posted by fyre76 View Post
    My TV in the bedroom of my Solitude does not ever pick up the same channels as the living room OTA channels. Does anyone have any ideas?
    I've moved your post to it's own thread.

What year/model Solitude? Are the TVs OEM or different?

Any and all info you can add will help. Also, consider filling out your signature line (so you don't have to repeat all that info the next time you have a question). https://gdrvowners.com/forum/gdrv4li...-to-your-posts

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I had that problem in our Thor. I traced it down to a factory floor installed connection where they connected them to make it long enough to reach.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Its a 310 GK-R and I looked all connections and they are not loose.

Comment

Try to trace out the coax to the bedroom. The connection that was bad on mine was under the dinette where they had plugged to cables together.
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

So I'm trying to understand. You set up camp and turn on your antenna booster. You scan for available channels on both televisions. Both televisions are set up to "air", and not cable. Each TV identifies the available channels, but they are a different set of channels on each TV? Does that sum it up?

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Grand Design has a Cable Plan diagram that they can email to you upon request. They'll require your VIN to send it to you. The diagram will show you where the bedroom cable goes after it leaves your bedroom.

A tool like the one at the following link can also be useful for tracing cables.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-To...-101/302793719

Finally, when checking connections check not only that the connectors are screwed tightly onto their female fittings (finger tight plus 1/4 turn with a wrench) but also check that the connectors are firmly attached to the cable. Sometimes they are poorly crimped.

Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Channel reception is determined by the receiver built in TV. I have the stock TCL TV in the living room and an Insignia TV in the bedroom and one can pick up channels the other can't.
                2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
                2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Both TV are TCL and yes when you scan for channels OTA they come up with different channels.

Comment

Both TV are TCL and yes when you scan for channels OTA they come up with different channels.
                    I wonder if the one in the bedroom gets more channels?
                    If so would this have anything to do with the proximity to the booster?

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                    X