Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any way to shut off the light on the Innoflame electric fireplace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any way to shut off the light on the Innoflame electric fireplace?

Does anybody know how to shut off or disconnect the lights on the Innoflame RV48D80L fireplace in the 2020 Grand Design 310GK? I don't have the owners manual with me but I cycled through every settings I could on the remote and I wasn't able to find a way to turn off all the lights. My wife doesn't like the lights so if I need to, I'll remove the fireplace and disconnect a wire. Any help would be appreciated.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
    2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Originally posted by bertschb View Post
    Does anybody know how to shut off or disconnect the lights on the Innoflame RV48D80L fireplace in the 2020 Grand Design 310GK? I don't have the owners manual with me but I cycled through every settings I could on the remote and I wasn't able to find a way to turn off all the lights. My wife doesn't like the lights so if I need to, I'll remove the fireplace and disconnect a wire. Any help would be appreciated.
    I can tell you one thing--don't go to the "twinstarhome.com" website listed in the Solitude's owner's manual for the electric fireplace. I got this warning:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Yikes.JPG
Views:	1276
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	17520

I couldn't find anything for the "Innoflame" anywhere on the web. If someone has a paper copy, **please** scan it and upload here on the forum.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I believe I have either the original manual or a printed PDF at home in the binder. If nobody beats me to it, I'll either look for your answer or scan in what you need first chance I get tomorrow.
      Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
      Nash County, NC
      2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Thanks guys. I'm 94% sure you can't turn the lights off using the remote or front display. I was really looking to see if anybody else had unplugged a wire to disable the lights.
        Brian & Kellie
        2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
        2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
        2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
        2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Triplethreat
          If it's by itself, just flip the breaker off.
          I'm not trying to turn the fireplace off. I can do that with the remote. I'm just trying to find a way to use the fireplace at night without the lights.
          Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Comment

Can the light bulb be pulled out, then there is no light. I would think that might be the best way.
            (It also does not say how to change the bulb, but I would think there is a way for this.)
            I wonder, if the light is to make sure someone knows their fireplace is on? Safety feature.

I just found out also, if the slide is in, or you move the slide when the fireplace is on, their is a safety to shut the fireplace off. Somehow this is a wire to the slide.

I have a Furrion, and by the instruction, the light can not be shut off. It has 4 setting for the light from Bright to Low.
            Last edited by Superduty; 04-28-2020, 08:36 AM.
            Steve
            2018 Reflection 303
            2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
            Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post

I'm not trying to turn the fireplace off. I can do that with the remote. I'm just trying to find a way to use the fireplace at night without the lights.
              Hi Brian,

The lighting is almost certainly LED so the circuit within the fireplace to the lights, will be very low voltage and low current. Probably best to confirm this with a voltmeter . This means that just about any small switch could be inserted into the light circuit.

One "wireless" idea without adding another remote to keep track of, would be to run the light circuit through a reed switch placed on the underside of a counter surface. Then, glue a disc magnet to the back of the fireplace remote. Placing the remote on the surface over the switch will turn the fireplace lights off. Placing the remote anywhere else will leave the fireplace lights on.

Just another "random" idea . . .

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Hi Brian,

The lighting is almost certainly LED so the circuit within the fireplace to the lights, will be very low voltage and low current. Probably best to confirm this with a voltmeter . This means that just about any small switch could be inserted into the light circuit.

One "wireless" idea without adding another remote to keep track of, would be to run the light circuit through a reed switch placed on the underside of a counter surface. Then, glue a disc magnet to the back of the fireplace remote. Placing the remote on the surface over the switch will turn the fireplace lights off. Placing the remote anywhere else will leave the fireplace lights on.

Just another "random" idea . . .

Rob
                Hi Rob,
                LED. i keep forgetting about everything going to LED, and not a bulb. Someday, I will get with it. LOL
                Steve
                2018 Reflection 303
                2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
                Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
                  Fancy smanshy Rob! I think I'll pull the fireplace out the next time I'm at the RV and see if I can trace the wire. There are at least two lights. The first is for the fake flames. That can be turned off with the remote. The second is for the glass beads at the bottom. I haven't figured out how to shut that one off.

I was able to turn the lights off on the fireplaces in my Reflection and first Solitude. The remotes for all three leave much to be desired. Very poorly designed with cryptic buttons.
                  Brian & Kellie

Previous setups:

Comment

What we do (works for us without modifications) is to turn off the flames, set the "coals" to "d8," and using the up/down function turn the brightness of the coals down to "1." I consider some light a pilot light for the fireplace and, personally, wouldn't want the fireplace on without something to tell me it's on. Again - that's just me.

Rob
                    Rob & Laura
                    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Working...
                    X