Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer Satisfaction Program notice for heat shield on Microwave/Convection oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is all of the info regarding the Customer Satisfaction Program # 910019: https://gdrv4life.granddesignrv.com/...program-910019

If you have not received a letter and are wondering if your unit is covered under this program, please reach out to your dealer directly.

Comment

In the video that Megan has linked to post 16, note that the added insulation piece is thicker than just the foil shown in some previous references.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

If I am going to have the dealer drop the oven and do the fix, I'd really like to add a vent to the outside. I've seen some Grand Design 5th wheels with what appears to be a vent in the galley slide. Curious why GD vented some but not all. Do they offer a vent kit?
        2019 Solitude 384GK-R.

Comment

Originally posted by KirbyRVA View Post
          If I am going to have the dealer drop the oven and do the fix, I'd really like to add a vent to the outside. I've seen some Grand Design 5th wheels with what appears to be a vent in the galley slide. Curious why GD vented some but not all. Do they offer a vent kit?
          To your specific question, probably not (but I don't know--you'll have to call Customer Service). What I *do* know is it will be fruitless if your microwave doesn't have a rear-vent capability. Most of the units (like my Furrion) is front-vent only. There's no way to get the air to vent out the back. You might end up having to buy a different microwave to vent outside.

As others have stated, the MaxxAir fan in the ceiling above the kitchen works fine (for the DW and I) when I occasionally stray into the kitchen area and burn the toast (or anything else I touch).
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The microwave “heat source” that needs to be thermally isolated from the wall behind . . . has nothing to do with where the air exits from the ventilation fan. Exterior fan exhaust or RV interior fan exhaust is a completely different discussion.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by KirbyRVA View Post
              Hi KirbyRVA,

I did not mean to sound "flippant" with my previous response. To answer your specific question . . .
              Earlier Grand Design models had a very basic range hood that was completely separate from the (also very basic) microwave.
              Attached is a picture of the stove and hood in our 2015 Reflection.
              This hood exhaust fan blows straight out the wall, is noisy as all heck . . . but, does a really good job.
              (We have been told that when we are having bacon for breakfast, the whole campground knows about it!)

I do not know if this exhaust configuration can be fitted to a more recent microwave/exhaust hood combination.

Rob
              Attached Files
              Cate & Rob
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Superduty View Post
                I just took a peek at my 303 Mico/Convection. I have just the "panel board" behind mine. NO wall paper on the panel board like in the photo Canyonlight posted above in post #7.

So I wonder, is it needed with just a panel board? My slide is in, and the unti still in the barn so i could not see much else yet.

Waiting on Howard, howson to see what he finds in his 315, or anyone else that might have looked into this.
                Edit: Linked to GD's video.

I did not find any damage behind or on the Furrion unit in my trailer.
                Last edited by howson; 05-07-2020, 06:04 AM.
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Howard

I wonder this also, and figured you would get to this before I would.

One thing I seen, where a picture was attach I think from another forum, was they had some type of wall paper on the wall board behind the micro oven. I have just a panel board, no paper.

I’m on hold until we hear back from Emily or Megan on our Furrion Oven

Thanks for all you and the other Moderator’s do.
                  Steve
                  2018 Reflection 303
                  2023 F350 Lariat, 4 x 4 CCSB.
                  Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Got mine today. This is a, No Charge Customer Satisfaction Program. A less than 1 hour fix.
                    I will also reequest the materials to repair on my own, or if the Service Center can or will do this, I will let them while they are repairing my heavy slide later this year once they are up and running again.
                    I think you are having same slide issue as I am and having it repaired at factory. Just had contact with Valarie to confirm my appointment this coming June, they will also take care of the microwave issue at that time. So if you are having that service done, call or write for that request.

vivian
                    Vivian
                    2018 Reflection 303rls
                    Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
                    Demco Recon

Comment

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post

I think you are having same slide issue as I am and having it repaired at factory. Just had contact with Valarie to confirm my appointment this coming June, they will also take care of the microwave issue at that time. So if you are having that service done, call or write for that request.

vivian
                      vivian,
                      Correct. Slide Repair. Not sure when yet, more than likely late summer as we are booked all over the place once the stay at home is removed. I do need to contact Val and get my appt set up.
                      Please let me know hat they do on your slide though.

Micro wave. I thought of that too, in letting the factory do this at the same time.

Update 5-7-20. Move the repairr up to early June on the slide floor repair. Adding a 1" board to the slide. Not sure of your date, but might see you around GD

Steve
                      Last edited by Superduty; 05-07-2020, 01:44 PM.
                      Steve
                      2018 Reflection 303
                      Diesel, Star White.

Comment

Will do Steve, hoping it resolves the issue. Have fun this summer👍🏼
                        Vivian
                        2018 Reflection 303rls
                        Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
                        Demco Recon

Comment

Howard

I wonder this also, and figured you would get to this before I would.

One thing I seen, where a picture was attach I think from another forum, was they had some type of wall paper on the wall board behind the micro oven. I have just a panel board, no paper.

I’m on hold until we hear back from Emily or Megan on our Furrion Oven

Thanks for all you and the other Moderator’s do.
                          Steve - if you are thinking about the pictures Ryan shared (his post # 1) in the thread I attached in my post # 7 on this thread, I think that is just the normal "paper" wall covering over the luan board used in most of our RVs. Ryan did share this issue complete with pictures as well in the other sandbox too.

Dan
                          Dan & Carol
                          2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                          2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

Steve - if you are thinking about the pictures Ryan shared (his post # 1) in the thread I attached in my post # 7 on this thread, I think that is just the normal "paper" wall covering over the luan board used in most of our RVs. Ryan did share this issue complete with pictures as well in the other sandbox too.

Dan
                            Dan
                            Yes that is what I was relating too, and also what Howard mentioned above post 22 on different units.
                            I do not have the paper on my wall board. It seems the paper is what is melting/buring due to convection heat.
                            So, does a wall board, no paper adhesive on it, need this barrier? And a difference in High Point vs Furrion Unit?
                            Either way, I guess it can not hurt to install the barrier.
                            Steve
                            2018 Reflection 303
                            Diesel, Star White.

Comment

The shield arrived by UPS today (of course it did, since I just got done removing and inspecting the area!).

Pics below.

9.5" Tall Front side has a shiny, reflective material

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200505_142759 (Large).jpg
Views:	542
Size:	106.8 KB
ID:	18037

20" Wide (Ruler is at the 12" Mark)

Name:	20200505_142819 (Large).jpg
Views:	517
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	18041
                              1/4" Deep (Ignore the Plastic Bag that makes it look wider--look closely and you'll see it's only 1/4")

Name:	20200505_142851 (Large).jpg
Views:	532
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	18039

Back Side is White (I assume self-adhesive)

Name:	20200505_142907.jpg
Views:	563
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	18040
                              Attached Files

Comment

The instructions that came with the shield.

Customer Satisfaction Program 910019 Field Repair Instructions Small.pdf

Comment

Working...
                                X