What brand antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What brand antenna

We have a 2019 2670 MK Imagine.Getting ready to spend 4 months in the Grand Tetons with ours. We really love the camper. The TV antenna works as good as one could ask for a OTA .

It is a big round black antenna that sits on top towards he back of the camper. About 20 inches round and 10 inches high as a size guess. Bolted right to the roof. I think it just rotates inside when it tunes to the local channels.

It works well as I said. My question is this. Who makes it? What brand is it? We got a lot of little booklets for all the components of the camper in a nice carry bag. That antenna wasn't one of them. I'd like to have this for any future issues I may have or replacements parts if ever needed.

Help please and thanks.
    Jim T
    2019 Imagine 2670MK
    Ram 2500 Deisel

Originally posted by ScopesNC View Post
    We have a 2019 2670 MK Imagine.Getting ready to spend 4 months in the Grand Tetons with ours. We really love the camper. The TV antenna works as good as one could ask for a OTA .

It is a big round black antenna that sits on top towards he back of the camper. About 20 inches round and 10 inches high as a size guess. Bolted right to the roof. I think it just rotates inside when it tunes to the local channels.

It works well as I said. My question is this. Who makes it? What brand is it? We got a lot of little booklets for all the components of the camper in a nice carry bag. That antenna wasn't one of them. I'd like to have this for any future issues I may have or replacements parts if ever needed.

Help please and thanks.
    Winegard Air, I believe. Mine is a 2020 model and the name is printed on the Antenna itself. The newest model is called Winegard Air 360+. May not be on yours.
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

Winegard Air, I believe. Mine is a 2020 model and the name is printed on the Antenna itself. The newest model is called Winegard Air 360+. May not be on yours.
      Dave (Sue?),
      For clarification, the Winegard Air 360 and Winegard Air 360+ are different products. GD installs the Winegard Air 360 on their trailers. The difference between the two is the 360+ can be mated with the Winegard Gateway which is a 4G LTE WiFi Router. Looks exactly the same from the outside but the internals are definitely different.

360's manual is here: https://d38mfwkkxtsm2m.cloudfront.ne...ts/2452419.pdf

If ScopesNC is interested in more info see this thread (which includes an unfavorable test result from another forum member): https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ion-in-315rlts

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The OE Winegard might be a 360+ without the 4G LTE WiFi upgrade hardware. The reason that I say this is that the 360 has separate feeds for TV and AM/FM (according to their literature) and the 360+ combines these into a single feed (which is usually the way that Grand Design wires this). More discussion in the thread that Howard links in post 3.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Dave (Sue?),
          For clarification, the Winegard Air 360 and Winegard Air 360+ are different products. GD installs the Winegard Air 360 on their trailers. The difference between the two is the 360+ can be mated with the Winegard Gateway which is a 4G LTE WiFi Router. Looks exactly the same from the outside but the internals are definitely different.

If ScopesNC is interested in more info see this thread (which includes an unfavorable test result from another forum member): https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ion-in-315rlts

Howard
          Correct. I may not have worded that correctly. I have seen both and the difference regarding what is printed on the black plastic housing (that I've seen anyway) is that mine says Winegard only and does not include the "360+" lettering, which indicates to me that they are different in some way. Now I know in which way, as mentioned by Howard. I was just trying to explain to Scopes/Jim T that the difference between the two can be noticed initially by reading the lettering on the housing but I guess I wasn't very clear. My intention was not to explain the mechanical or operational difference, which I know only a little (but more now thanks to Howard) about.
          Dave and Sue
          2020 GD 2250RK
          2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
          Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
          GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
          SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Dave (Sue?),

Howard
            I climed up on the roof and it is written on the side . The one side I can not see from the ground. GRRR. Winegard is all it says. That is all I needed to know anyway. I love it and think it works just great.
            I'll be adding the Winegard ConnecT 2.0 4G2 ( WF2-435) 4G LTE / WIFI Extender up on the roof next week.. Not sure if I will permanent mount it or not yet. Depends on how my testing goes. I have 30 days to test and keep or return it. If it works as well as the TV antenna does then it'll be a keeper.
            Thanks for the reply's and answers.
            Jim T
            2019 Imagine 2670MK
            Ram 2500 Deisel

Comment

Originally posted by ScopesNC View Post
              Hi Jim. FYI the antenna does not rotate inside; no moving parts whatsoever.

It's a very simple design. Inside is a large clear plastic disk, almost the size of the top of the antenna. A series of small antennas are foil-printed onto the surface of the disk all the way around, maybe a dozen or more of them, all connected to the center where the cable connects to the disk. The disk never moves; each of the little antennas collects signal from the direction it's facing and since there are antennas facing in all directions all the way around it collects signals without having to aim anything.

We installed one after trying to trim trees with our original antenna - the trees won - and have been happy with it.

Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post

Hi Jim. FYI the antenna does not rotate inside; no moving parts whatsoever.

It's a very simple design. Inside is a large clear plastic disk, almost the size of the top of the antenna. A series of small antennas are foil-printed onto the surface of the disk all the way around, maybe a dozen or more of them, all connected to the center where the cable connects to the disk. The disk never moves; each of the little antennas collects signal from the direction it's facing and since there are antennas facing in all directions all the way around it collects signals without having to aim anything.

We installed one after trying to trim trees with our original antenna - the trees won - and have been happy with it.
                Good to know. Thank you. I did think it rotated until now.
                Jim T
                2019 Imagine 2670MK
                Ram 2500 Deisel

Comment

Working...
                X