Norcold 1210 icing fins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold 1210 icing fins

I have a problem on my Norcold 1210, fins on the right-side ice up. I installed an APR Fridge Defend with internal blower fan option that should have stop the icing up of the fins (not). It works on the left side, but not the right side (left was never bad to start with). I then installed the 5-fan unit from RV Cooling Unit Warehouse, still have ice on the right fins.
    I called Norcold factory, they said my gaskets may not be sealing tight enough. There are no replacement gaskets available. They wanted me to buy new doors. After telling them I can buy a residential fridge for the price of their doors. They said they sometimes put plastic strip behind the gaskets to make them seal. I didn't want a solid plastic strip, so off to the hardware store looking for a rubber or foam that would return to its shape after smashing. Most of the foams would take a set after crushing between my fingers and had little spring to them. Then I came across some round foam about 3/8" in diameter and it sprang back nice. I bought 100 ft. bag of it for less than $10. Today I de-iced the fins and places the foam behind the gaskets. The left door with the flap, I did need to remove the flap to gain access to the gasket. Easy with a helping hand to hold the flap. remove the 2 screws on the flap hinges, and lift the flap up to free it. The free hand to hold it without straining the wires. I've done all 4 doors, nice and sung now. I'll give an update in a couple weeks it the ice returns or not. Here's a link to the foam if your hardware store doesn't have it. https://www.paintsupply.com/product/...ll-backer-rod/

Originally posted by Ed & Cathy K View Post
    I have a problem on my Norcold 1210, fins on the right-side ice up. I installed an APR Fridge Defend with internal blower fan option that should have stop the icing up of the fins (not). It works on the left side, but not the right side (left was never bad to start with). I then installed the 5-fan unit from RV Cooling Unit Warehouse, still have ice on the right fins.
    I called Norcold factory, they said my gaskets may not be sealing tight enough. There are no replacement gaskets available. They wanted me to buy new doors. After telling them I can buy a residential fridge for the price of their doors. They said they sometimes put plastic strip behind the gaskets to make them seal. I didn't want a solid plastic strip, so off to the hardware store looking for a rubber or foam that would return to its shape after smashing. Most of the foams would take a set after crushing between my fingers and had little spring to them. Then I came across some round foam about 3/8" in diameter and it sprang back nice. I bought 100 ft. bag of it for less than $10. Today I de-iced the fins and places the foam behind the gaskets. The left door with the flap, I did need to remove the flap to gain access to the gasket. Easy with a helping hand to hold the flap. remove the 2 screws on the flap hinges, and lift the flap up to free it. The free hand to hold it without straining the wires. I've done all 4 doors, nice and sung now. I'll give an update in a couple weeks it the ice returns or not. Here's a link to the foam if your hardware store doesn't have it. https://www.paintsupply.com/product/...ll-backer-rod/
    Has this solved the icing issue? I see that it has been a couple weeks , haha.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Ed & Cathy K View Post
      Another "trick" I've heard is you can take a piece of paper towel and roll it and then place it behind a fridge seal, to help with proper sealing. Doing this on weather stripping works too!
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Working...
      X