Rear Camera (OEM Ford Kit) Foggy - Easy to Replace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Camera (OEM Ford Kit) Foggy - Easy to Replace

I had to replace the camera that I use on my trailer due to the lens "fogging". This post is just gee-whiz info for anyone considering Ford's kit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Camera on Trailer.JPG
Views:	290
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	18948

This same "fog" happened with the front-facing camera in my truck's grill. You can see the foreign material (no way to clean or remove it) on the camera on the left. The one on the right is the replacement.

Name:	Cameras.JPG
Views:	571
Size:	317.2 KB
ID:	18946

It was very easy to replace--the exterior case that holds the camera is held together with two screws. Most difficult part was figuring out the part #! A shout out to Txfivver
    who helped me figure it out. (Seems easy since there's a number right on the camera--but that's not the right one! The correct part # for just the camera is HC3Z-19G490-C.)

Name:	Camera in Holder.JPG
Views:	302
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	18947

If you haven't read the full story on the camera or system I use and are curious, the full story is here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...7701#post17701

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Howard that looks great, glad you got it replaced. Mine is at the dealer now for the residential fridge install and they are installing my Ford camera kit as well. I must give a shout out to bertschb (Brian) for giving me the idea to run the cable forward on the roof and down the satellite access hole into the front bay.I pick it up this Wednesday and will post pics as well. Glad yours in working again!
    Jeff
    2019 Solitude 375 RES
    2020 Ford F450 Platinum

Comment

Working...
    X