Dometic refrigerator won’t turn on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dometic refrigerator won’t turn on

We are miles from nowhere and went to turn our dometic dm2682 refrigerator on to gas. It clicked five times then everything went black. No lights or power. I checked the circuit breakers and the two fuses in the access panel and everything looks fine. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Originally posted by philwa55 View Post
    We are miles from nowhere and went to turn our dometic dm2682 refrigerator on to gas. It clicked five times then everything went black. No lights or power. I checked the circuit breakers and the two fuses in the access panel and everything looks fine. Any suggestions on where to go from here?
    Just the obvious did you check propane?. Try to light a stove burner as this is usually close to the refer. When you say "black" does that mean no lights on panel?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Just the obvious did you check propane?. Try to light a stove burner as this is usually close to the refer. When you say "black" does that mean no lights on panel?

Brian
      Yes, checked the propane. No lights on the panel or inside the fridge

Comment

Are other 12V things working? Is the main disconnect switch on?

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          Are other 12V things working? Is the main disconnect switch on?

Rob
          Yes the lights , water pump all work, battery shows full charge

Comment

Yes the lights , water pump all work, battery shows full charge
            Is there 12V present at the 12V connection block on the back of the fridge? If so and you have no lights showing anywhere on the fridge, this is starting to look like a failed circuit board. You could try disconnected and reconnecting the 12V supply to see if this activates a reset function . . . but, this is a long shot.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

Is there 12V present at the 12V connection block on the back of the fridge? If so and you have no lights showing anywhere on the fridge, this is starting to look like a failed circuit board. You could try disconnected and reconnecting the 12V supply to see if this activates a reset function . . . but, this is a long shot.

Rob
              I am not quite sure where the 12v connection box is. I was afraid that it might be the circuit board. Looks like I will have to call GD tomorrow and see if they will send someone out. This thing is only six months old so I would think they would send out a technician. Thanks for your help!

Comment

I am not quite sure where the 12v connection box is. I was afraid that it might be the circuit board. Looks like I will have to call GD tomorrow and see if they will send someone out. This thing is only six months old so I would think they would send out a technician. Thanks for your help!
                I uploaded the manual here since I couldn't figure out how to link it from Dometic's website: 3313238_71269 (1).pdf

On page 35 is this schematic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	schematic.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	19092

I'd look to see if 12v is getting to the 3A fuse and 5A fuse (which means the Thermofuse (F) and Thermal Fuse (U) are good). I'm not 100% sure as I look at the schematic (end of the day--getting tired!) the role of the 3A vs 5A fuse, but both appear to be on the 12V circuit.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Page 36 also has a "2862" schematic...both have the 3A and 5A fuses.
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I uploaded the manual here since I couldn't figure out how to link it from Dometic's website: [ATTACH]n19091[/ATTACH]

On page 35 is this schematic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	schematic.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	19092

I'd look to see if 12v is getting to the 3A fuse and 5A fuse (which means the Thermofuse (F) and Thermal Fuse (U) are good). I'm not 100% sure as I look at the schematic (end of the day--getting tired!) the role of the 3A vs 5A fuse, but both appear to be on the 12V circuit.

Thanks! I pulled the 3 and 5 amp fuses to test them and they were good but I didn’t test the voltage across them.

Comment

A caution here! There may be 120V to the 5A fuse if shorepower is plugged in. Note the “L” (line) and “N” (neutral) that refer to 120V.

Rob
                      Cate & Rob
                      2015 Reflection 303RLS
                      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

There should be a small terminal strip where 12v comes into the fridge cabinet and goes out to the board. It should be pretty easy (and somewhat safe) to check the voltage there. Something similar to this as I recall:

Neil Citro
                        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

There should be a small terminal strip where 12v comes into the fridge cabinet and goes out to the board. It should be pretty easy (and somewhat safe) to check the voltage there. Something similar to this as I recall:

I did check the voltage there and it was 0. Not sure what that means.

Comment

Okay, this adds to the mystery. Just noticed that our heater is not working either. Does that narrow things down?

Comment

I did check the voltage there and it was 0. Not sure what that means.
                              No voltage there means the problem is not in your fridge. Either the fuse in the main panel is blown ( you said you checked this), or you’ve got a wiring problem. Bad splice, or a broken wire. Not sure what rig you have, but if your fridge is in the slide, I would start underneath the slide. There’s sometimes a plug under there that maybe came loose?

Neil Citro
                              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
                              X