Defective Radio / Shipping Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defective Radio / Shipping Issue

Defective radio from the very beginning was installed in our trailer-defective radio was never caught during all the inspections, had to drive 3.0 hours so dealer could verify radio does not work, now drove 3.0 hrs to install new radio, however radio was not in box shipped from GD. My Dealer has called GD, no answer! If we get the radio shipped to my dealer I will have to drive 3 more hrs to get it installed.

Originally posted by JWLW View Post
    Defective radio from the very beginning was installed in our trailer-defective radio was never caught during all the inspections, had to drive 3.0 hours so dealer could verify radio does not work, now drove 3.0 hrs to install new radio, however radio was not in box shipped from GD. My Dealer has called GD, no answer! If we get the radio shipped to my dealer I will have to drive 3 more hrs to get it installed.
    Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum. I've moved your post to the "Appliances and Electronics" channel as it is more appropriate to your issue.

Are you capable of replacing the radio yourself? It is a relatively easy do-it-yourself task. If you'll provide the year and model of your unit someone may be able to link to the "how to" manual.

Another option is to ask Grand Design to authorize a mobile repair technician to swap the radio. You will incur out-of-pocket expense, though, for the service call fee. (Not the labor--the charge for the technician to come to your unit.)

If you choose the latter option call GD and be ready to provide your VIN. They will have a record of the shipment to your dealer. I am very confident they will ship a replacement directly to you given the circumstances.

Obviously GD is closed until Tuesday. Their number is 1-574-825-9679.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

My radio failed in warranty, I never en called my dealer. Sent an email to Grand a Design, they shipped me a new radio in the box and I swapped it out. Four screws and two plugs as I recall.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
      X