Furrion S Side cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion S Side cameras

I am wanting to add the side cameras for the Furrion system. I have read that some have had issues with the power at the side market lights not powering the cameras (not GD but just in general). Has anyone used these successfully on the their GD trailer. I have a 2020 Imagine 2600RB. thanks for the assistance.

Brian

Originally posted by Bmccain05 View Post
    I am wanting to add the side cameras for the Furrion system. I have read that some have had issues with the power at the side market lights not powering the cameras (not GD but just in general). Has anyone used these successfully on the their GD trailer. I have a 2020 Imagine 2600RB. thanks for the assistance.

Brian
    It doesn't appear that anyone has done what you asked. Maybe let's discuss this from a different angle--what is the specific issue you've read about as it relates to the side markers?

Furrion does a lot of business with Grand Design. Why not give Furrion Customer Service a call and ask them about your concern?

Please post back with an update--that's how we learn here (from each other).

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for the response, Howard. I believe I may have read too much into the posts around power issues and confused myself. I have ordered the side marker cameras from Furrion and will be installing this week. I will post my results then. Thanks again.

Brian

Comment

I am wanting to add the side cameras for the Furrion system. I have read that some have had issues with the power at the side market lights not powering the cameras (not GD but just in general). Has anyone used these successfully on the their GD trailer. I have a 2020 Imagine 2600RB. thanks for the assistance. Brian
        Brian, I have the side cameras. I mounted them as replacements for the marker lights in the lower middle of the trailer. No issues with power.

The cameras don't provide quite as good an image as the rear camera does; very serviceable and useful, but not as smooth and bright. I've surmised that the *very* brief hesitations seen from time to time are a result of them not having a "real" antenna and therefore not having as strong a radio connection to the monitor in the truck.

At least one other person here has mounted these cameras in the front marker light position, up near the nose of the trailer, and reported being very pleased with image quality and stability. I've resolved to try that some time when sufficient ambition for doing the swap has gathered in my bones.

Good luck with your installation.
        Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Originally posted by boyscout View Post

Brian, I have the side cameras. I mounted them as replacements for the marker lights in the lower middle of the trailer. No issues with power.

The cameras don't provide quite as good an image as the rear camera does; very serviceable and useful, but not as smooth and bright. I've surmised that the *very* brief hesitations seen from time to time are a result of them not having a "real" antenna and therefore not having as strong a radio connection to the monitor in the truck.

At least one other person here has mounted these cameras in the front marker light position, up near the nose of the trailer, and reported being very pleased with image quality and stability. I've resolved to try that some time when sufficient ambition for doing the swap has gathered in my bones.

Good luck with your installation.
          boyscout Thanks for the info. I did put the cameras on the front marker lights and the cameras work very well. I dont typically have help backing up so these made it a ton easier backing into a tight spot.

Comment

boyscout Thanks for the info. I did put the cameras on the front marker lights and the cameras work very well. I dont typically have help backing up so these made it a ton easier backing into a tight spot.
            Brian:

I went ahead and ordered these and requested the dealer install them for me. I pickup our 2400BH in 3 days.

One thing that this group may be interested in, it appears the side cameras (which replace the marker light) do not come with LED bulbs. I asked the dealer to look at this for me and see if they could swap the bulbs with LED's. They are trying to do so, but have not heard back further. The last I heard was that they were looking for a proper replacement bulb for me. I know it is a small thing, but I hated to go from an LED bulb back to an incandescent on an "upgrade". Hope that helps all. I will try to remember to reply if they were able to do so. If I can get the part number etc I will try to share as well.
            2020 Imagine 2400BH
            2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Dealer called me today. They were unable to find LED bulbs that fit. I have requested the type of bulb from them and will post when I know more. I do not see the type of bulb listed on Furrion's site.

https://furrion.com/products/vision-...rvation-system

This appears to be it under their support / spare parts page....but I do not know what kind of bulb it is.

https://furrion.com/collections/all-...fic-light-bulb
              2020 Imagine 2400BH
              2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Dealer sent me this picture. I think it says RG194?
                Attached Files
                2020 Imagine 2400BH

Our Mods

Comment

I have a 2021 2600RB, and pulled off the factory side front marker light so I can install the Furrion side marker light with camera. None of the instructions or diagrams I can find online address this particular trailer and light combo. FYI, the trailer lights all power up perfectly when I turn on my truck lights.

The factory side marker fixture has two wires, one white and one black. The trailer has four wires, two white and two green. The white fixture wire was pigtailed with the two white trailer wires. The black fixture wire was pigtailed to the two green trailer wires. The new fixture with camera has four wires: red, brown, yellow, and black. Red and brown are the hot wires for the camera and marker light. Yellow is the trigger signal (used only if you want the camera to fire up only when the turn signal is activated, which I don’t). Black is ground.

I tried pigtailing the red/brown fixture wires to the two white trailer wires, and the black fixture wire to the two green trailer wires (to simulate the set up of the original fixture wiring), but the fixture doesn’t power up when I turn on my truck lights.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this model trailer that identifies the four wires or can otherwise help me identify them? I’ve attached a pic for reference. One of the white wires has dark printing on it that states “low voltage”, so I would think that’s the 12v hot. The other white has faint gray printing I can’t read. And one of the green wires is solid green, the other has a white stripe.

And yes I have a multimeter but it’s not with me at the moment.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by gds707ca View Post
                    Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this model trailer that identifies the four wires or can otherwise help me identify them? I’ve attached a pic for reference. One of the white wires has dark printing on it that states “low voltage”, so I would think that’s the 12v hot. The other white has faint gray printing I can’t read. And one of the green wires is solid green, the other has a white stripe
                    Typically the solid white wires are negative, or "ground". Colored or striped wires are positive, or "hot".

This is not always true, though. The norm, but not always (as I found out myself on a projectd one day!).

Unfortunately there isn't any schematic or standard other than what I've written above to go by.

Howard
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Interesting note to add to DC electric 101. LED lights only work when power polarity is correct. Since lighting MFG follow a "CODE" with white being - and black being +, in your case the green wire is 12V+ to the light, solid white is 12V-.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

I was lucky and discovered my backup multimeter in the truck. Turned on power and tested... solid green is 12+ and white with black lettering is 12-; just like you said. So I essentially just reversed my set up and bingo, all is now right with the world. Thank you 😁

Comment

The dealer installed the Furrion rear and side marker cameras on our 315RLTS at our request at the time of purchase. The side marker cameras are towards the front of the trailer where I find them very useful while driving forward in traffic. I seldom look at them while backing, I watch the mirrors. At speed the passenger side camera is on constantly to monitor the blind spot the mirrors cannot detect. Good investment.
                          Vic and Barb
                          2021 315RLTS

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny side up View Post
                            The dealer installed the Furrion rear and side marker cameras on our 315RLTS at our request at the time of purchase. The side marker cameras are towards the front of the trailer where I find them very useful while driving forward in traffic. I seldom look at them while backing, I watch the mirrors. At speed the passenger side camera is on constantly to monitor the blind spot the mirrors cannot detect. Good investment.
                            Please post a few pictures!

Comment

Yes, the pictures. The display can select all four cameras or a single camera. The fourth is labeled 'Door', not sure about that option but it is there. The rear camera is very useful in back-in spots even with a helper spotting you, my rig is long and the spotter can be 60 feet away. The trailer does not have a rear bumper so there is no protection from objects behind the trailer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Display.jpg
Views:	1730
Size:	143.8 KB
ID:	61214Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear camera.jpg
Views:	1629
Size:	154.7 KB
ID:	61215Click image for larger version

Name:	Passenger side camera.jpg
Views:	1884
Size:	177.4 KB