Jensen DVD player no audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jensen DVD player no audio

Hello. My Imagine 2450RL has what I suspect is an entry level Jensen JWM40 radio/DVD player. It is a regular DVD player / no blue ray, and is hooked up to the TCL TV with old style RCA cables (1 video & 2 audio). I am not getting any sound at all out of the RCA connections. I get sound going to the 2 speakers installed in the trailer ceiling, but none to the TV. I pulled the player from the wall...the connections are correct and tight, as they are behind the TCL TV. I even tried hooking up a soundbar directly to the player, and still no sound. I downloaded the owner's manual for the device and still no luck. Am I missing something or is the Jensen player possessed or kaput? Any advice would be much appreciated. ThankYou
    Last edited by Moe; 05-25-2020, 04:33 PM. Reason: Correction.... should be Jensen DVD player...not Furion
    Moe & Donna
    2020 Imagine 2450RL

Originally posted by Moe View Post
    Hello. My Imagine 2450RL has what I suspect is an entry level Jensen JWM40 radio/DVD player. It is a regular DVD player / no blue ray, and is hooked up to the TCL TV with old style RCA cables (1 video & 2 audio). I am not getting any sound at all out of the RCA connections. I get sound going to the 2 speakers installed in the trailer ceiling, but none to the TV. I pulled the player from the wall...the connections are correct and tight, as they are behind the TCL TV. I even tried hooking up a soundbar directly to the player, and still no sound. I downloaded the owner's manual for the device and still no luck. Am I missing something or is the Jensen player possessed or kaput? Any advice would be much appreciated. ThankYou
    I thought this would be easy to answer--not! There's nothing in the manual about how to initialize the Aux Audio Output.

Sorry--no idea. Hopefully someone chimes in that has your same unit.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I thought this would be easy to answer--not! There's nothing in the manual about how to initialize the Aux Audio Output.

Sorry--no idea. Hopefully someone chimes in that has your same unit.

Howard
      Thanks Howard... I suspect I know the answer already. Just curious...any way of changing a post after posting it...got the brand name wrong in the title...should be Jensen...not Furion... my bad having a senior moment!
      Moe & Donna
      2020 Imagine 2450RL

Comment

Did you get the sound going yet? I am having the same issue and have tried everything I can think of.

Comment

Thanks Howard... I suspect I know the answer already. Just curious...any way of changing a post after posting it...got the brand name wrong in the title...should be Jensen...not Furion... my bad having a senior moment!
          Moe--did you figure it out? palm22 has the same question.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

No...problem still exists. Even had the RV techs at the dealership have a look at it...they say there is nothing wrong with it, because sound is coming out of the ceiling speakers installed in the RV. Even though RCA audio wires are connected to the TV correctly from the Jensen unit, there is no sound from the TV. If I turn off the A and B speakers from the Jensen unit, I get nothing. Very disappointed. GD won't replace the Jensen unit because the dealership can't diagnose it. I am pretty tech savvy myself...it is either a piece of junk or they did it by design on purpose.
            Moe & Donna
            2020 Imagine 2450RL

Comment

No...problem still exists. Even had the RV techs at the dealership have a look at it...they say there is nothing wrong with it, because sound is coming out of the ceiling speakers installed in the RV. Even though RCA audio wires are connected to the TV correctly from the Jensen unit, there is no sound from the TV. If I turn off the A and B speakers from the Jensen unit, I get nothing. Very disappointed. GD won't replace the Jensen unit because the dealership can't diagnose it. I am pretty tech savvy myself...it is either a piece of junk or they did it by design on purpose.
              We probably have the same audio/DVD system, and I think audio will only come out the speakers. I would gladly try and test it for you, but our unit is put away for the winter. However, I'm pretty sure we never got the audio through the TV, unless we were using over the air or cable.

​​​
              2019 Imagine 2400BH
              2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post

We probably have the same audio/DVD system, and I think audio will only come out the speakers. I would gladly try and test it for you, but our unit is put away for the winter. However, I'm pretty sure we never got the audio through the TV, unless we were using over the air or cable.

​​​
                My unit is winterized, but you have given me something to think about over the winter... I will try cable and air inputs at home in the spring and see if I get a different result. (RV was parked in a remote area when we were setting up...we were only using DVD source.) Thanks.
                Moe & Donna
                2020 Imagine 2450RL

Comment

We've got a 2020 Imagine 3000QB we bought used -- perfect shape except for the Jensen JWM40 which keeps good time, and that's about all. Ordered an upgrade to JWM62A, but there's no way to fit it into the cabinet module it belongs in. Already had the lines drawn to cut the hole in the cabinet, but for some reason decided to make sure it would fit. It wouldn't. Returned it and am in the process of ordering either a JWM41 or some other brand with a similar footprint.
                  Last edited by joe carrell; 05-18-2021, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Our Jensen unit no longer supplies any sound (inside or outside) on our new 2021 Solitude after the 2nd road trip.
                    Another warranty item we'll have to get fixed.

On a good note, the fireplace which produced an E3 error decided it wanted to start working again, so we took that off the warranty work list.
                    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel
                    2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Originally posted by sportsdad60 View Post
                      Our Jensen unit no longer supplies any sound (inside or outside) on our new 2021 Solitude after the 2nd road trip.
                      Another warranty item we'll have to get fixed.

On a good note, the fireplace which produced an E3 error decided it wanted to start working again, so we took that off the warranty work list.
                      Check on the back of the tv for a "converter box" this should be plugged into the "optical" port on the tv. If it is then the sound setting for the tv should be set to "optical" for the sound to be broadcast thru the speakers.

Brian
                      Brian & Michelle
                      2018 Reflection 29RS
                      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

Check on the back of the tv for a "converter box" this should be plugged into the "optical" port on the tv. If it is then the sound setting for the tv should be set to "optical" for the sound to be broadcast thru the speakers.

Brian
                        We never had the speakers or the Jensen running thru the TV. Just as it came from the factory, radio to speakers.

It was literally "Used in one day in Texas, a week later it didn't work no more"
                        2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel
                        2021 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Working...
                        X