Are Forward Vents Pre-Wired for fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Forward Vents Pre-Wired for fans?

Hi, I just purchased a 23BHE and we love it. I was a little disappointed in the fans as I had a MaxxAir in the past. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the forward vent (no fan) may be prewired for electrrical? I'd like to install a fan in the bedroom. Thanks!

Originally posted by christnoll View Post
    Hi, I just purchased a 23BHE and we love it. I was a little disappointed in the fans as I had a MaxxAir in the past. I'm wondering if anyone knows if the forward vent (no fan) may be prewired for electrrical? I'd like to install a fan in the bedroom. Thanks!
    This recent thread may help with your question: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...t-fan-add-help

Unfortunately for your unit the roof diagram shows the vent... as a VENT. This is in comparison to PV, or powered vent, for the bath and kitchen. I doubt you'll have power over the bed.

Dropping the shroud as mentioned in the other post is the best way to verify.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I’m not familiar with this model. Was a second air, installed at this location, an option? If so, you might have power available, although it might be 110.
      Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
      Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
      2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
      Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
      Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Originally posted by Tom in PGH View Post
        I’m not familiar with this model. Was a second air, installed at this location, an option? If so, you might have power available, although it might be 110.
        It is a 30 amp AC unit, and now wired for a second AC.

I looked at the wiring plan and there does NOT appear to be a 12V wire terminated at the vent. I'd still pull down the shroud on the inside and take a look.

There are some LED lights in the general vicinity of the vent. My first thought was that you might be able to tap into the lighting wires to power the fan. Unfortunately, the wire size appears to be 14 awg. 14 Awg wiring can handle 10 amps on a 30 foot run with 10% loss (non-critical circuit). A typical MaxxAir vent fan runs at approximately 4.5 amps, but has a start up near 9 amps. Using 14 awg wire for both the fan and lights may draw more current than the wiring can handle.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

This recent thread may help with your question: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...t-fan-add-help

Unfortunately for your unit the roof diagram shows the vent... as a VENT. This is in comparison to PV, or powered vent, for the bath and kitchen. I doubt you'll have power over the bed.

Dropping the shroud as mentioned in the other post is the best way to verify.

Howard

I'm still a noob on this forum. Where can I find the wiring diagrams?

Comment

Originally posted by christnoll View Post

I'm still a noob on this forum. Where can I find the wiring diagrams?
            There aren't any wiring diagrams in the sense of a schematic available for GD units. What is available, only directly from GD, is a general outline called the ELECTRIC PLAN. You can call Customer Service and request one, but only for your trailer after providing your VIN.

The moderators are not allowed to post the diagrams nor will we allow any to be posted per GD.

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Imagine 2600rb bedroom vent not wired. Pulled a wire from the kitchen vent through the roof/attic into the bedroom to install a fan in the bedroom. Way easier than I thought it would be. Figure out the closest 12v wire and try and pull from there.
              Charles and Susan
              2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
              Andersen Hitch
              2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Working...
              X