Dometic Refrig not cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dometic Refrig not cooling

I have a 2018 Dometic 4 Door Refrigerator, MOD # RM1350SLMX. We were maintaining a temp of 37 degree F and all of a sudden it changed to 50 degrees F. Read forums and we removed the baffle on the top and checked the flapper on the refrig doors and it is working fine. Checked the fans and all are working fine. Found the right handle on the frig was not latching correctly when closed and put some 3 in 1 oil on it. Our refrig is in full sun and we put up an umbrella to give it shade. We checked the fuses on the back side of the refrig as well as inside in our breaker panel. We only managed to lower our temp to 46 degrees F. Suggestions on what to do next???????

See if this thread is of any help:

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...07-frig-reboot

Rob
    Rob & Laura
    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Schulaces3
      Welcome to our owner's technical forum!

You have followed exactly the advice provided by Grand Design and Dometic and are not the first owner to report back that this does not solve the problem. The post by Second Chance Rob has some interesting ideas that you may want to try. Beyond that, I would suggest that you register this problem directly with Grand Design Customer Service at 574-825-9679, or customerservice@granddesignrv.com.

As a forum moderator, I will convey to our Grand Design forum reps that the baffle removal fix does not appear to be working and ask for their advice on next steps. It would be best if you also contact them directly with your first hand information.

(another) Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Rob

I sent an email to Grand Design as you stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Schulaces3 View Post
          I have a 2018 Dometic 4 Door Refrigerator, MOD # RM1350SLMX. We were maintaining a temp of 37 degree F and all of a sudden it changed to 50 degrees F. Read forums and we removed the baffle on the top and checked the flapper on the refrig doors and it is working fine. Checked the fans and all are working fine. Found the right handle on the frig was not latching correctly when closed and put some 3 in 1 oil on it. Our refrig is in full sun and we put up an umbrella to give it shade. We checked the fuses on the back side of the refrig as well as inside in our breaker panel. We only managed to lower our temp to 46 degrees F. Suggestions on what to do next???????
          I found that my light was staying on. The left door of the refrigerator was not activating the light switch. I taped a pop cycle stick on top of the door until I found an adjustment on the latch that activated the switch. Did all the other troubleshooting but actually think the light was my culprit.
          2019 Reflection 337RLS
          Reese Goosebox, Roadmaster Comfort Ride
          2015 GMC Duramax 2500HD with 3500HD Spring Pack.

Comment

Working...
          X