Winegard 360+ / Gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winegard 360+ / Gateway

Our new 2020 Imagine 2400BH has a Winegard Air 360+ included. Apparently you can purchase the Winegard Gateway for the 4G and Wifi capabilities.

1. Does anyone have any experience with either product?
    2. Is the gateway worth it?
    3. Did you install the gateway/router under the cap (on the ceiling) or under the Air 360+ dome (on roof)?
    2020 Imagine 2400BH
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Originally posted by bellis View Post
    Our new 2020 Imagine 2400BH has a Winegard Air 360+ included. Apparently you can purchase the Winegard Gateway for the 4G and Wifi capabilities.

1. Does anyone have any experience with either product?
    2. Is the gateway worth it?
    3. Did you install the gateway/router under the cap (on the ceiling) or under the Air 360+ dome (on roof)?
    I doubt your unit has the 360+ from GD. Much more likely it is the standard 360. They look exactly alike, but you can't hook the 360 up to the Gateway.

If you do have the 360+ there will be a plate in the ceiling (below where the antenna is mounted) that looks like this (pic from the installation manual):

Click image for larger version

Name:	Prewire Hole Cover.JPG
Views:	7640
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	20055

Here's my thread on the installation in my 315RLTS: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ion-in-315rlts

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      I doubt your unit has the 360+ from GD. Much more likely it is the standard 360. They look exactly alike, but you can't hook the 360 up to the Gateway.
      Well, you were correct. I went back and looked at the email from the sales rep. "Winegard Air 360". That's disappointing!

2020 Imagine 2400BH
      2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

I had the same question - (2020 reflection303rls) so to get the 4g router it looks like you need to replace the existing Winegard 360 with a https://www.campingworld.com/winegar...phone-boosters ?
        2020 Reflection 303RL
        2007 Dodge 2500 6.7 CAi, Tune, 4" turbo back, RevMax550, Carli with Bags

Comment

Originally posted by sdmayhew View Post
          I had the same question - (2020 reflection303rls) so to get the 4g router it looks like you need to replace the existing Winegard 360 with a https://www.campingworld.com/winegar...phone-boosters ?
          If you replace the existing unit with the one in the link you will have WiFi and 4g LTE, but NOT have any local tv antenna. You need to replace the 360 with a 360+ and Gateway. The 360+ had TV, WiFi and 4g LTE but only works as a tv antenna until you add the Gateway.
          Dennis and Pat w/Lady & the Prince - Western New York
          2018 Solitude 310gk - 2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW - Blue Ox Super Ride

Comment

Looking at roof and how the Winegard 360 is mounted to roof. You will have to be very careful to remove all the caulking, unscrew the existing Winegard 360 and then install a Winegard 360+ along with the Gateway. Plus at least one more power set of wires to 360+ and gateway. It does look like the one light fixture is about the same spot as the Winegard on the roof. I am a bit hesitant to slit the insulation in the ceiling and move it aside to see if i can find the hole in the roof for the existing Winegard 360. The good thing is i wouldn't have to put in a new hole in the ceiling.

I already have a old school Verizon Mifi with a external antenna that does pretty well. I also have a WIFI repeater sitting around that i can use for testing end of month when i go glamping at a RV park.
            2020 Reflection 303RL
            2007 Dodge 2500 6.7 CAi, Tune, 4" turbo back, RevMax550, Carli with Bags

Comment

Hi I have a grand design reflection 150 series 260RD that is prewired for Winegard router installation. I've removed the cap to install the router and came across 12volt wire but can't find the end. I've pulled on both wires gently and no luck. Do I cut the wire in half? I've attached a photo.

Please help,
              Jessica BClick image for larger version

Name:	20210416_230611.jpg
Views:	5987
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	50978

Comment

Originally posted by JBellemare View Post
                Hi I have a grand design reflection 150 series 260RD that is prewired for Winegard router installation. I've removed the cap to install the router and came across 12volt wire but can't find the end. I've pulled on both wires gently and no luck. Do I cut the wire in half? I've attached a photo.

Please help,
                Jessica BClick image for larger version  Name:	20210416_230611.jpg Views:	0 Size:	43.5 KB ID:	50978
                Do a search for "Winegard" on this forum and you'll find plenty of similar threads.

One in particular (if you wade through the first couple of posts and get down to #17 and subsequent) you'll find all the info you need. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...d-gateway-1000

Welcome to the forum, BTW. Please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Thank you! Working on it now I can update on the progress.

Comment

I have a 2021 GD Momentum 351M with the Winegard Air 360+ (for a fact and verified) and was just up on top of my rig looking at it, have the manual for it etc.. etc... what I don’t have is the access plate for adding the Gateway that I recently bought. I’m at a loss on what to do. I did read in the Gateway instructions that if you “don’t” have the pre-install plate on the ceiling below it, that it means the gateway goes ‘inside’ the 360+. I’m very reluctant to go scraping off all of the sealant to get the dome up and open in case there is no ‘power’ wires as it states in the instruction. Has anyone else encountered this issue and if so, how’d you resolve it? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck S. View Post
                      I have a 2021 GD Momentum 351M with the Winegard Air 360+ (for a fact and verified)....
                      Chuck,
                      I'll take for granted you've verified it's a 360+ so if there's no access plate that 's an oversight during assembly by GD (in my opinion).

In reality the "access plate" is a cover over a hole. If your Winegard is indeed a 360Air+ then the wires are there--all that's needed is to bore the hole.

I suggest calling GD Customer Service (number on "business card", right side of home page of this forum) to have them confirm your Winegard model and request their advice on where and how to cut a hole in the ceiling under the Winegard so you can install the router.

Please follow up with their response.

Also--check out the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard

Comment

Chuck S. -- I sure hope the 12v power is supplied in the ceiling for the router. If not, that's a much bigger issue than the missing access plate. To read my work around with my "old" '19 315RLTS see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ion-in-315rlts

Howard

Comment

Thanks howson. I will follow your advice and I really appreciate the quick response! It does seem like a major over site in that the rig has every bell, whistle and more I doubt I’ll ever need. I’m good with a tent but then I won’t get the wife to join in on trips. Hell, I could live in that thing and get rid of the house if I can figure out the internet thing for the wife.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	EFA11013-D678-4AE2-B401-EAFC86F6134D.jpeg
Views:	6242
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	56327 We also have the 2021 Momentum 351M with a Winegard 360+. The gateway is installed above the kitchen cabinets. We only found it because we saw the glow of the power light at night. I think we just need to buy a Sim card from the provider of choice.

Comment

The new 303rls has the 360 plus with the plate, I opted to go with a Jetpack and MiMo antenna its half the price of a gateway and the reviews from several full timers works pretty good but were not full timers yet. Check out mobile internet resource center on YouTube they have all the info you will ever need.
                              2021 Reflection 303RLS
                              2019 Ram 2500 short box 6.4 Hemi
                              Anderson ultimate hitch

Comment

Working...
                              X