• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rnlizabeth View Post
    • Click image for larger version

Name:	EFA11013-D678-4AE2-B401-EAFC86F6134D.jpeg
Views:	6287
Size:	140.2 KB
ID:	56327 We also have the 2021 Momentum 351M with a Winegard 360+. The gateway is installed above the kitchen cabinets. We only found it because we saw the glow of the power light at night. I think we just need to buy a Sim card from the provider of choice.
    I believe those are the LCI controllers and router not Winegard.

This is the dilemma I'm struggling with right now. If you purchase the Winegard router (and service) it will have its own SSID/Access Point that is different than LCI. Going this route means you'll need to keep switching back and forth between the LCI Access point and Winegard.

There is another way though. Get a Pepwave router and replace LCI's router which will give you LTE data (Verizon, AT&T, etc) along with a single WiFi access point allowing you to connect to LCI controller without having to switch back and forth.

There are a few videos out there that show you how to set it up. I have an IT background so this isn't to difficult to setup. Not sure about the non-tech users.

Comment

Originally posted by NDanecker View Post

I believe those are the LCI controllers and router not Winegard.

This is the dilemma I'm struggling with right now. If you purchase the Winegard router (and service) it will have its own SSID/Access Point that is different than LCI. Going this route means you'll need to keep switching back and forth between the LCI Access point and Winegard.

There is another way though. Get a Pepwave router and replace LCI's router which will give you LTE data (Verizon, AT&T, etc) along with a single WiFi access point allowing you to connect to LCI controller without having to switch back and forth.

There are a few videos out there that show you how to set it up. I have an IT background so this isn't to difficult to setup. Not sure about the non-tech users.
      I am struggling with the same. Tempted to purchase Pepwave for now and forget my wineguard (do not have the 360+....just what came with the rig)....and see how it does without external antenna. I created an excel table comparing some of the pepwave products....not sure it is ready to share or not. With the international chip shortage pepwave has no intention of updating any of their product lines in the near term.

I am most keen on the Max BR1 Pro or the Balance 20X. On the latter; I am tempted to forgo the cellular radio upgrade for now...just get it and see how it does for some cost savings in the short term.
      2020 Imagine 2400BH
      2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Installed the pepwave router this weekend and it works perfectly (after a few struggles with VLANs). Key is to keep everything on one LAN (do not put LCI on VLAN 1 as one video suggests) and to keep the AP name prefix 'MyRV......'. I can post screen shots or answer questions if you'd like, but very happy with the swap out.

Note though you will also need a small switch (I purchased a 5 port NetGear switch) and used a power cord splitter to power pepwave router and switch from the LCI controller so everything stays on 12vdc.

The advantage of pepwave is I can have multiple data sources (cellular from 2 different carriers, campground wifi) and have them failover if one disconnects. When the RV is parked at home it uses my home WiFi so very little or no cell data is consumed. Simply added the SIM data card to my existing cell phone family bundle so no need to purchase an expensive data plan from LCI or Wineguard that is slow because their devices run cat4 or 3g.

Awesome setup.

Comment

Originally posted by NDanecker View Post
          Installed the pepwave router this weekend and it works perfectly (after a few struggles with VLANs). Key is to keep everything on one LAN (do not put LCI on VLAN 1 as one video suggests) and to keep the AP name prefix 'MyRV......'. I can post screen shots or answer questions if you'd like, but very happy with the swap out.

Note though you will also need a small switch (I purchased a 5 port NetGear switch) and used a power cord splitter to power pepwave router and switch from the LCI controller so everything stays on 12vdc.

The advantage of pepwave is I can have multiple data sources (cellular from 2 different carriers, campground wifi) and have them failover if one disconnects. When the RV is parked at home it uses my home WiFi so very little or no cell data is consumed. Simply added the SIM data card to my existing cell phone family bundle so no need to purchase an expensive data plan from LCI or Wineguard that is slow because their devices run cat4 or 3g.

Awesome setup.
          When I setup the IP for 192.168.1.2 for the LAN, the Pepwave automatically placed this on VLAN 1 and assigned VLAN 0 to the admin console 192.168.50.1.

How did you get this to work? If it's easier to talk let me know and I will PM you my phone number.

Comment

I would love more info on how you got this to work?

Comment

Trying to install a Winegard Gateway 1000 to my 2022 Solitude equipped with a Winegard 360+. Per the Winegard instructions I spliced the Gateway power connector into the power cable that was zip-tied to the cover hiding the pre-installed wiring for the unit. When I turned the power on, 2 things happened - first the fuse blew. This fuse was marked as going to “front lights”. Second, at the same time, the bedroom lights went on. I turned off the power, replaced the fuse, and when I turned the power back on, the fuse blew again. Whenever the power is on the bedroom lights are on - the switch no longer controls them. Any suggestions?
              Last edited by Country Campers; 12-04-2021, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dvmaxon View Post

Trying to install a Winegard Gateway 1000 to my 2022 Solitude equipped with a Winegard 360+. Per the Winegard instructions I spliced the Gateway power connector into the power cable that was zip-tied to the cover hiding the pre-installed wiring for the unit. When I turned the power on, 2 things happened - first the fuse blew. This fuse was marked as going to “front lights”. Second, at the same time, the bedroom lights went on. I turned off the power, replaced the fuse, and when I turned the power back on, the fuse blew again. Whenever the power is on the bedroom lights are on - the switch no longer controls them. Any suggestions?
                Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it?

Can you take a picture of the wiring as currently configured?
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for your reply. Yesterday after the issues I posted about, I pretty much threw up my hands and wrote the post. Today as I was spreading out the wiring to get a picture I discovered I had spliced the gateway power connector incorrectly. I corrected this and problem solved.

Thanks again for prompting me to take another look. I am very relieved.

Comment

Working...
                  X