Washer Hookup in Imagine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washer Hookup in Imagine

Curious is there is any way to put a Splendide washer in the front bedroom closet that comes in several units including the 2670mk. The closet looks large enough, its close to all the plumbing and a vent could be drilled in the side wall.

Has anyone tried this?
    Can the factory tell me if its possible? Was the closet sized that way initially on purpose?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Agpopp View Post
    Curious is there is any way to put a Splendide washer in the front bedroom closet that comes in several units including the 2670mk. The closet looks large enough, its close to all the plumbing and a vent could be drilled in the side wall.

Has anyone tried this?
    Can the factory tell me if its possible? Was the closet sized that way initially on purpose?

Thanks!
    Moved your post to the Appliances section.

Hopefully other Imagine owners will have an input and our plumbing gurus will probably chime in, too.

Since what you're asking is a non-standard modification, I doubt GD will commit either way.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

In addition to plumbing the water and the drain, the closet would need to be at least 25W x 24D - and if you want to stack a washer and dryer, it would need to be 65" tall. (Width measurement would need to be inside the door frame to avoid removing the door frame to get the units in the closet.) Also be sure to check out the floor and bracing to make sure it can take the weight of the washer and/or W/D bouncing down the road. There's more than just plumbing when a design includes W/D prep.

Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post
        In addition to plumbing the water and the drain, the closet would need to be at least 25W x 24D - and if you want to stack a washer and dryer, it would need to be 65" tall. (Width measurement would need to be inside the door frame to avoid removing the door frame to get the units in the closet.) Also be sure to check out the floor and bracing to make sure it can take the weight of the washer and/or W/D bouncing down the road. There's more than just plumbing when a design includes W/D prep.

Rob
        Thanks and yes I'm aware of the issues. If you remember me, I rebuilt the 317rst over on the other forum last year. I was looking at these trailers and thinking I could make it work but was hoping GD could tell me if that was a thought they had when making that closet so big. Could anyone with an imagine measure that closet for me?

Comment

I rebuilt the 317rst over on the other forum last year.
          I do remember that--you've got skills!

The drawing for the 2670MK I have access to was last updated in 2019, but according to the ELECTRIC PLAN the power cord connector is on the outside of the trailer, right where that bedroom closet is located. By "closet" I'm referencing the closet at the foot of the bed, street side. It that closet was a doorway you'd walk into the linen closet and shower of the bathroom.

At the base of the closet is the distribution panel, fuse block, and converter. The furnace is in the back corner, more under the linen closet, tucked against the street side. The HEAT/AIR PLAN suggests the ducts won't be in the way of what you're contemplating.

What I see suggests that the top of the closet is storage, but the bottom is full of wiring and mechanical. Getting through all that would indeed be a challenge. I highly doubt GD had plans for a washer/dryer when they put together that closet. There's no accommodation for the plumbing. No idea about the structure of the closet--probably not very robust.

I looked for measurements but they aren't indicated anywhere on the drawings, so if no one responds with the measurements, I'll tag our GD rep and ask for them.

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I do remember that--you've got skills!

The drawing for the 2670MK I have access to was last updated in 2019, but according to the ELECTRIC PLAN the power cord connector is on the outside of the trailer, right where that bedroom closet is located. By "closet" I'm referencing the closet at the foot of the bed, street side. It that closet was a doorway you'd walk into the linen closet and shower of the bathroom.

At the base of the closet is the distribution panel, fuse block, and converter. The furnace is in the back corner, more under the linen closet, tucked against the street side. The HEAT/AIR PLAN suggests the ducts won't be in the way of what you're contemplating.

What I see suggests that the top of the closet is storage, but the bottom is full of wiring and mechanical. Getting through all that would indeed be a challenge. I highly doubt GD had plans for a washer/dryer when they put together that closet. There's no accommodation for the plumbing. No idea about the structure of the closet--probably not very robust.

I looked for measurements but they aren't indicated anywhere on the drawings, so if no one responds with the measurements, I'll tag our GD rep and ask for them.

Howard

Awesome ๐Ÿ‘Œ. And I'm glad you remembered me .

That was the best reply I could have hoped for!
            I don't own this trailer bit might if I can make this work. On the on line videos, that closet looks HUGE!
            Now, I could probably easily put one under the desk in the rear, but I'm not sure how bad of a beating the washer would take back there.

Comment

Awesome ๐Ÿ‘Œ. And I'm glad you remembered me .

That was the best reply I could have hoped for!
              I don't own this trailer bit might if I can make this work. On the on line videos, that closet looks HUGE!
              Now, I could probably easily put one under the desk in the rear, but I'm not sure how bad of a beating the washer would take back there.
              In a 297RSTS (like what TucsonJim has) the closet is already plumbed for the washer/dryer. I realize a Reflection is a bit more than an Imagine, but for what you're contemplating the difference might be worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

In a 297RSTS (like what TucsonJim has) the closet is already plumbed for the washer/dryer. I realize a Reflection is a bit more than an Imagine, but for what you're contemplating the difference might be worth it?
                I don't have the truck for it at the moment, only an f150

Comment

Working...
                X