Poor cable reception

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor cable reception

We recently purchased a new Solitude 310 GK and have loved everything about the trailer with the exception of the television reception. When hooked up to park cable pedestal the picture in the living room is snowy and the television in the bedroom does not receive a signal. After reviewing this topic on several forums have tried the basic fixes, making sure that the OTA antenna booster is off, going through the set up function to set the tv to cable, completing a channel scan, checking connections at the television and exterior of jack plate but still cannot get a signal in the bedroom or a clear picture in the living room. We have had friends in the park with us and their televisions have bean clear so know it has not been a systemic problem with the park feeds. Has anyone experienced this problem? Any additional suggestions would be appreciated

Jeffk365
    Welcome to our owners technical forum.

Since these connections all come together at the booster switch, I would start there. Pull this out and make sure all the connections are in the right places (written in small print on the circuit board) and connections are tight. Next step would be a length of coax cable and some connectors. Bypass different sections of built-in coax to look for the problem. Try the new coax straight to each TV. Try the new coax from post directly to booster input. Try the new coax from booster connection directly to TV . . . and so on.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks for the welcome and prompt response. I will give that a try

Comment

Jeffk365 I had a similar problem on mine and it ended up being the booster switch was bad. Called GD and they sent me a new one and now it all works very well with a clear picture.

Rob
        Rob & Barb
        2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
        2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Thanks for the advice, hopefully, bypassing connections per Cate and Rob’s suggestion will isolate the problem. If it turns out to be a booster switch, what was required from GD to get them to send you a new one?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffk365 View Post
            Thanks for the advice, hopefully, bypassing connections per Cate and Rob’s suggestion will isolate the problem. If it turns out to be a booster switch, what was required from GD to get them to send you a new one?
            I just called customer service told them what I did to isolate it to the booster switch and they sent me a new one. Need your information such as VIN, name and address but other than that it was very painless.

Rob
            Rob & Barb
            2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Grand Design Customer Service at 574-825-9679, or customerservice@granddesignrv.com.

(another Rob)
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Rob Second Chance was or is having issues with the BR TV in their new 310 Solitude as well. I do not recall his findings or resolution but hopefully rob will chime in with his feedback.

Dan
                Dan & Carol
                2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
                2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post
                  Rob Second Chance was or is having issues with the BR TV in their new 310 Solitude as well. I do not recall his findings or resolution but hopefully rob will chime in with his feedback.

Dan
                  Correct - the bedroom TV is not getting a signal from the OTA antenna amplifier. I removed the basement panel, crawled around, and looked at what I could without finding anything obvious. Since we never use the bedroom TV, I haven't pursued it any further... in fact, we'd rather have the cabinets that were up there in our 337 than the TV.

Rob
                  Rob & Laura
                  U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                  2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                  2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                  (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                  Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Thanks to all who offered guidance, always better to learn from others who have had similar challenges. Heading out to Lancaster next weekend so am looking forward to testing the solutions, much appreciated

Comment

We recently purchased a new Solitude 310 GK and have loved everything about the trailer with the exception of the television reception. When hooked up to park cable pedestal the picture in the living room is snowy and the television in the bedroom does not receive a signal. After reviewing this topic on several forums have tried the basic fixes, making sure that the OTA antenna booster is off, going through the set up function to set the tv to cable, completing a channel scan, checking connections at the television and exterior of jack plate but still cannot get a signal in the bedroom or a clear picture in the living room. We have had friends in the park with us and their televisions have bean clear so know it has not been a systemic problem with the park feeds. Has anyone experienced this problem? Any additional suggestions would be appreciated
                      I've had a problem with my Satellite connection in the bedroom. Dish had me run a direct line from satellite to Wally box and it works just fine. I see below the suggestion to pull the booster switch. Is this the thing in the Control area where you connect to either satellite or cable? And do I just unscrew the 'box' to check the connections? Thanks,
                      Cindy
                      2019 Solitude 310GK
                      2021 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Dualy
                      2022 Solitude 3330RE
                      Cindy & Xena

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy View Post

I've had a problem with my Satellite connection in the bedroom. Dish had me run a direct line from satellite to Wally box and it works just fine. I see below the suggestion to pull the booster switch. Is this the thing in the Control area where you connect to either satellite or cable? And do I just unscrew the 'box' to check the connections? Thanks,
                        Cindy
                        2019 Solitude 310GK
                        Yes, I believe that is what is being referenced.

This is what the one on my 315RLTS looks like (front and back):

Click image for larger version

Name:	booster.JPG
Views:	742
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	20407

Click image for larger version

Name:	sat.JPG
Views:	788
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	20408

Howard
                        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Cindy -- be advised that the white wires (with the blue connectors) in the second photo, previous post, has 12v "sitting" on it. Please use appropriate caution if 12v power is still "live" in the camper.
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                            Cindy -- be advised that the white wires (with the blue connectors) in the second photo, previous post, has 12v "sitting" on it. Please use appropriate caution if 12v power is still "live" in the camper.
                            Yikes power ! I think I'll react like when I owned a home, go to the fuse box and cut the power to that area. The photo's look like the bedroom connection, is that right?
                            Cindy
                            2021 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Dualy
                            2022 Solitude 3330RE
                            Cindy & Xena

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy View Post

Yikes power ! I think I'll react like when I owned a home, go to the fuse box and cut the power to that area. The photo's look like the bedroom connection, is that right?
                              Cindy
                              Hi Cindy,

The picture that Howard posted is the booster. I had a bad one that would work with the antenna signal but would not let cable signal through. After a few hours of troubleshooting is narrowed it down to the booster. Called GD customer service and explained the issue and how I isolated it to the booster and was sent a replacement.

Rob
                              Rob & Barb
                              2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Working...
                              X