Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washer Hookup in Solitude 373FB

Hello,

We have an F250 on order and are considering a Solitude 373FB 5th wheel. I looked at one today and like many aspects of the RV.

There is space in the front closet for a stacked washer and dryer. We are looking at a Samsung compact (24 inch wide) set.

The problem is that the space is just 24" wide, with a four inch base behind the washer and a four inch base on the right side next to the wall in the middle of the closet left side. The washer will sit right next to the left wall where the hot and cold water is plumbed. However, those connections are a 90 degree fitting, with the hoses extending into the side of the washer. The connections are at 29 inches high and the washer is 34 inches high. Because the washer must sit right next to the wall, it blocks the hoses.

It seems that either I would need to change the 90 degree fittings into a straight up fitting so the hoses will not be blocked by the side of the washer or find another solution.

I am sure that someone has installed a stacked washer in a 373FB and has a solution.

No rush -- Ford will be building our F250 in July. But I sure would appreciate a solution if someone knows of one.

Best,

Crespro
    2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Crespro

I realize that this is not an answer to your question, but just an observation . . . a Solitude 373FB will be considerably above the payload capacity of an F250.
    Just for your planning purposes.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      Crespro

I realize that this is not an answer to your question, but just an observation . . . a Solitude 373FB will be considerably above the payload capacity of an F250.
      Just for your planning purposes.

Rob
      X2^^. Please reconsider the combination.

(Another) Rob
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

I installed a Whirlpool dryer on top of an LG washing machine in our 2019 Solitude 373FB. The only two issues I recall from that install was connecting the dryer vent hose to the dryer and the opening being too narrow. I had to lean over the top of the dryer and reach back behind it to attach the vent hose - pretzel style. The second issue was the door frame on the left side interfered with the slide out soap dispenser tray. I had to cut a chunk out of the door frame to accommodate that. I think I've used hoses with 90 degree fittings in all three of my Grand Design RV washer/dryer installs. I love Grand Design but their washer/dryer closets ARE A JOKE. I still think GD needs to get staff to install the top five washer/dryer combos in all of their RV's that have a washer dryer closet. That will result in a redesign of every closet I've looked at. The width and depth are too narrow/shallow. The venting, power and water/drain connections are in the wrong locations, etc, etc.

Finally, I know you didn't ask but I feel compelled to let you know the pin weight of the 373FB with a washer and dryer will be nearly double the payload rating of your F-250. The Solitude 373FB is F-350/450 DRW territory at 16,800lbs GVWR.
        Brian & Kellie
        2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
        2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
        2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
        2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

The Splendide stackable units seem to fit well in the bigger Solitudes, here is mine in my 375. I did however have the dealer install it before delivery. The said they only had to remove the door jamb and door to get it in. You will love having it. Click image for larger version

Name:	WASHER.jpg
Views:	632
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	20242
          Jeff
          2019 Solitude 375 RES
          2020 Ford F450 Platinum

Comment

Also I hate to pile on but that is way to much trailer for an F250, my pin weight ready to camp is almost 3900 pounds. That's over the payload of most SRW F-350's as well.
            Jeff
            2019 Solitude 375 RES
            2020 Ford F450 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Txfivver View Post
              The Splendide stackable units seem to fit well in the bigger Solitudes, here is mine in my 375.
              I think the Splendide units are the only ones that fit into most Grand Design closets without major modifications.
              Brian & Kellie
              2020 Grand Design Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, MORryde IS, 1,460w solar and 540ah BBGC3
              2020 Ford F-350 Platinum SRW PSD Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
              2019 Grand Design Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 Ford F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
              2016 Grand Design Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post

I think the Splendide units are the only ones that fit into most Grand Design closets without major modifications.
                Our Whirlpool units are 1/2" narrower than the Splendides... Though they still required modifications in our 310.

Rob
                Rob & Laura
                U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
                2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
                2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
                (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
                Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Also I hate to pile on but that is way to much trailer for an F250, my pin weight ready to camp is almost 3900 pounds. That's over the payload of most SRW F-350's as well.
                  Hello,

Yes, I was on another list this weekend and we have realized the Ford ratings (7.3 and 4.30) of 19K for towing and 26K for GCWR do not solve the pin weight problem. We have about 3K of available pin weight and the 373FB will be well over that. When the truck comes in in August, we will buy a 315RLTS. We can still install the W/D in that and be well within the weight limits for the truck.

Thanks for the info.

Best,

Crespro

Comment

Originally posted by Crespro View Post

Hello,

Yes, I was on another list this weekend and we have realized the Ford ratings (7.3 and 4.30) of 19K for towing and 26K for GCWR do not solve the pin weight problem. We have about 3K of available pin weight and the 373FB will be well over that. When the truck comes in in August, we will buy a 315RLTS. We can still install the W/D in that and be well within the weight limits for the truck.

Thanks for the info.

Best,

Crespro
                    The 315RLTS is a great match for the truck.

This thread may be of interest: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...a-2019-315rlts
                    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We are looking at an upgrade of our order to a DRW F350. Do you know the RAWR for the DRW F350? The payload seems to be about 6K. We should plan to have 4K of available pin weight for the 373FB.

Comment

Originally posted by Crespro View Post

We are looking at an upgrade of our order to a DRW F350. Do you know the RAWR for the DRW F350? The payload seems to be about 6K. We should plan to have 4K of available pin weight for the 373FB.
                        Yes the rear axle gross weight will be 9900 pounds on the dually and 6000 pounds on the front axle. The payload will depend on the option level you order. It can vary between 5200 ish and 5800 ish
                        Jeff
                        2019 Solitude 375 RES
                        2020 Ford F450 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                        X