Unexplained temp power outage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unexplained temp power outage

We just purchased a 2019 Solitude 344GK. 2 nights in a row the power has shut off completely. Power cord is showing there’s power to it. Only our site. Checked breakers. Fine. Power stays off for about 4 hours and then turns back on. Not good with the electrical stuff. Any ideas?

TIA

Check shore cord is fully inserted AND twist locked securely.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
    2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toys:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
    2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

Some one is playing a trick on you...…..

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I'm with Dallas (D2reid) on this one. My guess is that you have an electrical management system on board which is seeing low voltage at the pedestal and shutting down power. This happens a lot when people are camped in an RV park and everone is trying to run their air conditioners. Once the voltage at the pedestal drops to 104V or less, the EMS shuts off power to the coach to protect the components. It has happened to me many times.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Moderator Note: Re-posting for d2reid :at his request. (Was originally post #4. Cannot be edited in that post due to a system bug.)

------------------

Do you have an EMS (Electronic Management System) system installed? The one I have will shut power off if Voltage goes to low and not come back on until it's within proper parameters, aka brown out.

I always have trouble reading the little LED lights on the power cords, on - off - or just reflecting. There are a number cheap testers you can buy to test power at the pedestal. Of course a multi-meter works best, but they can be intimidating if you are not electrically inclined.

You can pick up a tester like this one at most hardware stores. It tests for bad/backwards connections. Receptacle tester
          Or you can get a plug in volt tester

Get 50amp to 30 amp adapter, 30 amp to 20 amp adapter. Then you have a low tech inexpensive tester.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I had too many surge protectors. One was a protector and volt booster then there’s an onboard surge guard. Once I removed the booster, the issue went away.

Comment

Originally posted by Trueman619m View Post
              Thanks for all the help. I had too many surge protectors. One was a protector and volt booster then there’s an onboard surge guard. Once I removed the booster, the issue went away.
              Re: your "booster", if by chance it's a Hughes Autoformer the following is FYI.

https://hughesautoformers.com/run-yo...arding-nfpa70/

There is a movement to ban them, the link above is the company's response to it. Shouldn't be hard to find articles about why they may be banned.
              Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Working...
              X