How to remove convection/microwave unit in 2018 303RLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove convection/microwave unit in 2018 303RLS

I have put in 50 over the stove microwave units in customers homes with cabinet above unit. The 303 RLS has no cabinet above unit and I can't figure out how to remove it. Looks like mounting bolts would have to come down from top of slideout. Thanks for the help.

Originally posted by herzogs3 View Post
    I have put in 50 over the stove microwave units in customers homes with cabinet above unit. The 303 RLS has no cabinet above unit and I can't figure out how to remove it. Looks like mounting bolts would have to come down from top of slideout. Thanks for the help.
    I am just going to guess here but in our 29RS , very similar to the 303 , the top plastic vent cover snaps off of the front , be careful though. Behind this on the top of the microwave there should be 4 screws that screw up into the wood trim. These are fairly long screws. Once they are out the micro just tips forward off of the wall mounting plate. Help is good as this unit is a little heavy.

Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

herzogs3
      Welcome to our owners technical forum!

There are several different microwaves used over the years . . . if you could post a picture of yours, it would help us to figure out the answer to your question.
      (Unfortunately, the GDRV parts look-up site is down right now . . . so, I can't check that way)

The smallest units are held in place with front faceplate screws. Others rest on a rear support rail with screws up from inside the microwave door at the front.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I actually removed my Furrion convection microwave yesterday. I covered the top of the range with towels and pillows "just in case". Make sure you unplug the unit and run the cord out enough that it won't hang up when you remove the oven. I removed the plastic strip that Brian shows and I had five screws holding mine in. Like Brian says, these screws are really long, so be prepared. My wife and I both pushed at the top of the microwave to keep it from tilting out and down while I removed the last screw. Once the unit tilts down in front, you need to lift the back end up about 1/2" for it to lift off the bracket. Once you have if free of the bracket, set it down carefully. I'm attaching a photo of the wall so you can see the bracket.

Installation is just the opposite.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Microwave No Shield.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	22040

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment