2021 Momentum 376Th washer/dryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Momentum 376Th washer/dryer

Went to pick up our new 376THS and the dealer said they could not install washer/dryer stackable as there isn’t enough room for them. The 376THS is pre plumbed for washer/dryer in the pantry closet. Dealer said there was no way to vent dryer outside. Anyone put a washer/dryer in their 376THS? If so what brand and model?

Welcome to the forum! We are sorry that your first posting is about a dealer issue. As you asked, this is better addressed by someone that actually has a 376, but if the plumbing is there, I am sure that Grand Design allowed for the proper space for the stackables. I just wish they would make the door 1 inch wider to save having to remove the door and trim to remove and install them.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by Pzahensky@gmail.com View Post
      Went to pick up our new 376THS and the dealer said they could not install washer/dryer stackable as there isn’t enough room for them. The 376THS is pre plumbed for washer/dryer in the pantry closet. Dealer said there was no way to vent dryer outside. Anyone put a washer/dryer in their 376THS? If so what brand and model?
      Yes, it is possible to install but as documented by many new owners but it is not easy. Some disassembly of the door and trim is required to get the units in (as noted by ThePowells already).

For the vent, I looked at a walkthrough video for a 376THS and I don't see the typical "cut here" sticker GD uses to show where a vent should be installed. However, looking at an (older) sidewall schematic there's nothing I can see that would prevent cutting through the side for the vent. (Do your homework on ventless vs vented and decide for yourself if pursuing the issue is worth your time.)

To know for sure if a hole can be cut in the sidewall for a dryer, call Grand Design Customer Service and provide them with your VIN. They will have up-to-the-minute specs for your trailer build and can advise on the feasibility of a vented unit. (The phone # for GD is on the "business card" on this forum's home page.)

Please report back the resolution. We all learn from each other on this owner's forum. (TIA!)

Howard

GDRV-Megan -- more feedback on the w/d issue for the factory. Even a dealer doesn't want to install the units.
      Last edited by howson; 07-02-2020, 07:56 AM.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for the additional information. I will update this post when we have our solution

Comment

Steve huntr70 is the 376THS different that the early models floor plan for 376 for washer/dryer installs ? Suspect your dealership has installed washer/dryer units in the 376THS already ? Which units by the way ?

Thanks, Steve !

Dan
          Dan & Carol
          2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
          2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

The units are stackable Splendide

Comment

Originally posted by Pzahensky@gmail.com View Post
              Yes, I put one in. Stackable Splendide - happy as can be.

Some key points..
              1) Remove pantry door and lock side trim
              2) Remove fridge doors (if you have the Dometic I would shim the fridge doors when you put then back - takes care of the flapper issue - sorry went off there - separate subject)
              3) Do not use the dryer vent decal it's too low. You will need to move it up for it to work - use a strong magnet to identify the metal beams to ensure your in between.
              4) Shift the stack slightly to the left side (not centered in the pantry), helps with the dryer vent tube on the right side.
              5) Cover the slide corner below the fridge - easily gets scrubbed while trying to place the washer in the pantry - don't ask how I know.
              6) Gain access to the drain pipe from the access underneath and make sure fittings are tight - mine were loose
              7) The drain pipe has a 45 angle - make sure you ease past that and then down the drain pipe
              8) Can't recall the name of the flapper pipe that is used in the drain pipe - but make sure you do not go past that or you will have smells coming back up through - it's visible underneath

Any specifics let me know.

Mark
              2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
              2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
              2020 Momentum 376THS
              We're both proud USAF Retirees...
              Retired RV Tech

Comment

Working...
              X