2nd TV steel plate location.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd TV steel plate location.

I have a 2020 260RD and was wondering if anyone knew how large the steel plate is that I'm supposed to mount the bedroom TV to?

Thanks in advance,

Eric

Originally posted by DaTraveler View Post
    I have a 2020 260RD and was wondering if anyone knew how large the steel plate is that I'm supposed to mount the bedroom TV to?

Thanks in advance,

Eric
    Where do you hang a second TV in a 260RD? (I'm not familiar with the model.)

Regardless, if there's a steel plate (my 315RLTS has a wood "plate" for the bedroom TV) and you have access to a magnet it should be relatively easy to map out it's exact location and size.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Eric

There should be a sticker indicating the tv backer location. As Howard stated above , use a magnet to locate all 4 edges of the plate. The sticker is in a relative location so it is better to make sure where the plate actually is. This plate is fairly thin. I believe the recommended screw is #10 - 1" to 1-1/2" long.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        Eric

There should be a sticker indicating the tv backer location. As Howard stated above , use a magnet to locate all 4 edges of the plate. The sticker is in a relative location so it is better to make sure where the plate actually is. This plate is fairly thin. I believe the recommended screw is #10 - 1" to 1-1/2" long.

Brian
        Thank you for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Where do you hang a second TV in a 260RD? (I'm not familiar with the model.)

Regardless, if there's a steel plate (my 315RLTS has a wood "plate" for the bedroom TV) and you have access to a magnet it should be relatively easy to map out it's exact location and size.
          It's above the driver's side window. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

Eric - several folks have purchased a package of small magnets to find the outline and size of the mounting plate for the BR TV. It is a great idea and forms a very helpful visual outline of the metal backing plate

As I recall, in most GDRV products (if not all) the size of the plate is quite large maybe a 12" X 12" as I recall allowing you considerable margin in where you wish to place the TV mount on the wall given your TV size, distance from bed, etc.

Dan
            Last edited by Canyonlight; 07-29-2019, 08:07 AM.
            Dan & Carol
            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

All good advice. Just one clarification to add . . . the backer "plate" is actually a very thin piece of sheet metal bonded to the back of the luan ply interior wall. Thus, the screws used to attach the TV bracket need to be very coarse thread "sheet metal" screws. At least #10 or even #12 if they will fit through the holes in the bracket. Drill small pilot holes first . . . but, remember that the wall is only about 1 1/2" thick and be careful to only drill through the interior surface!

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Another way to find the plate is with a stud finder, It can also be used to find the structural aluminum and wood interior wall studs, Some will even find electrical cables depending on the model. Home depot and Lowe's usually carry a wide selection. Just thinking out loud here.
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

I just added a tv to my Imagine, using everyone’s input. Once again, it was spot on! Another mod completed.
                  Vince
                  Vince and Peg with Kennedy (Bernese Mountain Dog)
                  2018 Imagine 2600 RB
                  2017 Chevy Suburban Premier edition w/max tow package

Comment

Thank you, everyone, for the assistance. I acquired some small magnets and found the steel plate. I had to delay the install because the mount I received from Amazon was HUGE! I returned it and am waiting for the new MORyde TV mount to arrive. Less than two weeks until our first trip.

Comment

DA - One thing that was made very clear to me when we did our walk through at the dealer was to only use a 3/4 inch long screw when mounting the TV bracket. I even wrote it on the sticker. The guy that did the walk through was great, he said " don't ask me how I know this" then handed me his pen to write it on the sticker.

Comment

Originally posted by VinceB View Post
                        I just added a tv to my Imagine, using everyone’s input. Once again, it was spot on! Another mod completed.
                        Vince
                        Vince,

Can you share what mounting bracket you used and post a picture?

What TV did you use?

Jim
                        Last edited by Guest; 08-09-2019, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X