Imagine 2800BH outdoor kitchen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine 2800BH outdoor kitchen?

I've never had an outdoor kitchen before.

What's the shelf above the stove envisioned for?

Or, people with this layout, what do YOU do with it?

Last edited by howson; 09-21-2020, 02:51 PM. Reason: Fixed spelling in title (easier to find later)
    Mike
    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Originally posted by mpking View Post
    I've never had an outdoor kitchen before.

What's the shelf above the stove envisioned for?

Or, people with this layout, what do YOU do with it?

I got rid of the stove, built a drawer and made it into my beer bar. You could use that shelf for most anything. Coffee pot?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beer Bar.jpg
Views:	1837
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	25235
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Storage for plates, paper towels , cooking utensils , cooking materials, endless uses even Jim came up with a good use of the space.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

I got rid of the stove, built a drawer and made it into my beer bar. You could use that shelf for most anything. Coffee pot?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Beer Bar.jpg
Views:	1837
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	25235
        That's the best upgrade for an outdoor kitchen I've seen yet.
        Charles and Susan
        2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
        Andersen Hitch
        2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

I have a plastic tub w/ lid where I keep all my grilling accessories (spatulas, tongs, propane hoses, etc), because I set up my Blackstone next to this station. Also, plenty of room for spices, paper towels, gloves, bottles, etc. Very very handy for outdoor cooking.
          2021 Imagine 2400 BH
          2019 F150 3.5 Ecoboost w/ Max Tow

Comment

Originally posted by ckreef View Post

That's the best upgrade for an outdoor kitchen I've seen yet.
            And, many fellow GDRVrs have tested (considerably) and approved !

Dan
            Dan & Carol
            2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
            2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

We currently use ours for general storage. I’m considering putting an ice maker in there. I’m removing the gas stove top and adding an induction burner in it’s place. I use the gas connection for a 22” black stone griddle.

Comment

Originally posted by Canyonlight View Post

And, many fellow GDRVrs have tested (considerably) and approved !

Dan
                Gotta keep the crowd happy.
                Jim and Ginnie
                2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

We have a 2850MK and have a flat panel over the area where you have a shelf. And my thought was: Why did they waste all of this space? *LOL* I think it would be useful for a set of outdoor cooking utensils, etc. Gotta get someone with a router to carve it up without wrecking the rest of the cabinetry, such as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Elizabeth View Post
                    We have a 2850MK and have a flat panel over the area where you have a shelf. And my thought was: Why did they waste all of this space? *LOL* I think it would be useful for a set of outdoor cooking utensils, etc. Gotta get someone with a router to carve it up without wrecking the rest of the cabinetry, such as it is.
                    Hi Elizabeth, and welcome to the forum. We're glad you stopped by.

Typically, if there is a panel there, it means that there is something on the other side such as an interior cabinet. Be careful to know what's on the other side before opening it up. You don't want to cut into a cabinet, wiring or plumbing.

Jim
                    Jim and Ginnie
                    2024 Solitude 310GK

Comment

For the 2800BH, keep in mind, before you plan on any alterations, that the access panel to your hot water heater is immediately to the left of that shelf. You will need to access it at least twice a year, more often if the spray port leaks (which mine has). I did a quick mod to attack hooks to the panel to make it easier to remove.
                      The Fraser Family
                      Watertown, WI
                      2020 GDRV Imagine 2800BH
                      2017 Ford F-150 XLT SuperCrew, 3.5L Ecoboost, 3.55 rear

Comment

So now that I have the camper in my possession, I'm seriously investigating this again.

The stove top that is there is not really my style.

My immediate thoughts are remove the existing stove and fill the hole. (Maybe buy a new piece of counter top and leave the stock one alone so I can easily put it back)

I'm thinking one of the 17" Blackstone (or Suburban Elites, which is a Blackstone knockoff).

It will fit in the pull out shelf, and in the little compartment above for travel. No modifications necessary.

If I wanted to go custom, I could take out the shelf, so the Blackstone doesn't have to move.

I'm going with the 17 over the 22 because the 17 cleans from the front, and the 22 cleans from the back.

Need to bust out the tape measure, and start planning.
                        Mike

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post
                          So now that I have the camper in my possession, I'm seriously investigating this again.

The stove top that is there is not really my style.

My immediate thoughts are remove the existing stove and fill the hole. (Maybe buy a new piece of counter top and leave the stock one alone so I can easily put it back)

I'm thinking one of the 17" Blackstone (or Suburban Elites, which is a Blackstone knockoff).

It will fit in the pull out shelf, and in the little compartment above for travel. No modifications necessary.

If I wanted to go custom, I could take out the shelf, so the Blackstone doesn't have to move.

I'm going with the 17 over the 22 because the 17 cleans from the front, and the 22 cleans from the back.

Need to bust out the tape measure, and start planning.

Let the mods begin. This will consume your idle time for a while but it is all good. Nothing wrong with making it your own and I agree with saving parts to put back to original.

Brian
                          Brian & Michelle
                          2018 Reflection 29RS
                          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I think I found my solution.

This man removed the outdoor fridge, and added the blackstone as a slider
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ3UC3E9FR8

This man made a heat shield to deflect the heat.
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLL6KWv330E

I think I'm going to remove the Fridge, and build my own slider for the stove there. But I'm also going to make a curved heat shield that hooks on door, and kinda curves into the compartment to deflect the heat out.

I'm also going to make some kind of side shields, since the last few times I was out, it was so windy the stove could not keep temperature.

I have to chalk this one up to Youtube. The link for the guy making the heat shield was pretty much my plan until a few minutes ago. I was going to remove the existing stove, and put a piece of plywood / laminate there to replace it, just like he did.

Then Youtube's algorythm popped the first video with the guy removing the Fridge on it's homepage, and Voilia! I have a new plan.

(6 camping trips, totatling almost 2 weeks, and we haven't turn that fridge on once.)
                            Mike

Comment

aaannnnddddd the wife just ixnay'd the removal of the fridge. :-) Good thing I like to double check renovations before I bust out drills and saws.
                              Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X