Understanding control panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Understanding control panel

I can’t seem to find in my owners manual the answer to this. We have a 2019 Solitude 344GK. New to us. I just learned what the second grey pull valve is for. Two tanks, one shower on kitchen. But I have one black pull valve but two indicator lights for black tank 1 and another for black tank 2.

Can someone explain this to me?

Also, do tanks 1 and 2 connect in anyway for overflow?

Comment

Originally posted by Trueman619m View Post
      I can’t seem to find in my owners manual the answer to this. We have a 2019 Solitude 344GK. New to us. I just learned what the second grey pull valve is for. Two tanks, one shower on kitchen. But I have one black pull valve but two indicator lights for black tank 1 and another for black tank 2.

What control panel does your '19 have? My '19 315RLTS has a row of LEDs above push buttons. Notoriously inaccurate. I never reference them.

To somewhat answer your question--the Solitude (per drawings from 2017) has one black and two gray tanks. Why your panel shows two black tanks...can't explain that one.

For your second question, many of us add Valterra Twist-On Gate Valves. What you can do is close the Twist-On valve and open the two gray tank valves, making it one large gray tank. (Don't do this with your black tank!) When dumping, what I do is close the gray valves, then open the Twist-on to drain the water in the lines. Then I dump the black tank, flush, and close the black valve. Then dump the remaining gray tank contents.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Valterra.JPG Views:	0 Size:	30.4 KB ID:	25319
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We just picked up our 2021 Reflection 315RLTS last week. There are three gray tanks; 1=shower, 2=kitchen, 3=washer. I installed the twist-on valve, opened all three gray valves and turned on the shower. Tanks 1 & 2 filled but the washer tank did not receive any water. I suspect there’s a check valve in the discharge line. (Not sure why) I don’t intend to install a washer and want to use that tank to increase gray capacity. Anyone else find this? Any suggestions?
        Bob and Joanne
        2021 Reflection 315RLTS
        2020 F-250, Crew Cab, Short Bed, 7.3 Gas, 4x4
        20K Weigh-Safe hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Trueman619m View Post

The same indicator panel is used across multiple models. We have one black tank (and one black valve handle) and two black tank indicators on the control panel - black tank 2 is not used and the wire is not connected to anything on the back side.

Rob
          Rob & Laura
          U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
          2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
          2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
          (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
          Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Bhbery View Post
            We just picked up our 2021 Reflection 315RLTS last week. There are three gray tanks; 1=shower, 2=kitchen, 3=washer. I installed the twist-on valve, opened all three gray valves and turned on the shower. Tanks 1 & 2 filled but the washer tank did not receive any water. I suspect there’s a check valve in the discharge line. (Not sure why) I don’t intend to install a washer and want to use that tank to increase gray capacity. Anyone else find this? Any suggestions?
            There's no check valve in the line (at least there isn't in my '19 315RLTS). The washer tank is significantly further "upstream" from the other two gray tanks, so the kitchen and bathroom grays may have to get quite full before water will migrate up the drain pipe to the washer tank.

I'd caution against using the washer tank, though, as "extra" storage. If you happened to fill all three gray tanks water could back up the washer drain connection. It's quite high so may be unlikely. What could also happen is unwelcome smells may waft up the washer drain pipe into the closet.

My .02: if the kitchen and bathroom grays are full it's time to dump.

If you haven't read this thread, it may be of interest as it provides another perspective: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...6297#post26297
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

howson

I think maybe this thread got hijacked. The OP's original question was about the black tank indicator(s) on a Solitude 344GK... perhaps move the 315RLTS gray tank discussion to its own thread?

Rob
              Rob & Laura
              U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
              2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
              2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
              (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
              Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Second Chance View Post
                howson

I think maybe this thread got hijacked. The OP's original question was about the black tank indicator(s) on a Solitude 344GK... perhaps move the 315RLTS gray tank discussion to its own thread?

Rob
                The OP hijacked his own thread (post #2). But you're right that there are two conversations here...

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

There's no check valve in the line (at least there isn't in my '19 315RLTS). The washer tank is significantly further "upstream" from the other two gray tanks, so the kitchen and bathroom grays may have to get quite full before water will migrate up the drain pipe to the washer tank.

I'd caution against using the washer tank, though, as "extra" storage. If you happened to fill all three gray tanks water could back up the washer drain connection. It's quite high so may be unlikely. What could also happen is unwelcome smells may waft up the washer drain pipe into the closet.

My .02: if the kitchen and bathroom grays are full it's time to dump.

If you haven't read this thread, it may be of interest as it provides another perspective: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...6297#post26297
                  I completely filled the shower and kitchen gray tanks (by running water in the shower only) and the washer tank remained empty. All three discharge valves were open and the twist-on valve was closed. I assumed that all three thank were installed at the same level in the frame and should fill equally. Are you saying that the washer gray tank is at a higher level than the other tanks?
                  Bob and Joanne
                  2021 Reflection 315RLTS
                  2020 F-250, Crew Cab, Short Bed, 7.3 Gas, 4x4
                  20K Weigh-Safe hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Bhbery View Post
                    Are you saying that the washer gray tank is at a higher level than the other tanks?
                    Effectively...yes.

The drain lines must have a minimum grade of 1/4" per foot (for proper drainage). Since the washer gray is all the way in the front of the camper, that drain line is the highest of all the tanks.

In addition, the dump valve is on the side of the tank facing rearward. This is different from all the other tanks in our camper, as the other valves are on the end (low point) of the tank facing the street side of the camper.

The picture below should give you some idea of what I'm referencing. The red arrow I drew is pointing to the dump valve on the washer gray tank. (The coroplast is down, but if it was up the tank is the very first thing behind that front crossbeam at the front of the camper.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	tank washer.JPG
Views:	1112
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	26779

Comment

Bhbery -- what I should have included in the previous post is the water tank is between the bathroom gray and the washer gray (you can see the white water tank in the picture). Due to the slope of the drain line and distance, this is a factor.

Comment

Working...
                      X