Dueling Antennas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dueling Antennas?

We have the OEM 360 antenna on the roof and when we begin inhabiting the "tin shack" (new name for the RV shelter) I am going to (hopefully today) add a larger external antenna and bring it to the amplifier. My submission to the quorum is "do we think that this will work okay, or will they have a conflict and the 360 get put into time out"? I am planning on a splitter just before the amplifier. Has anybody else tried this? Thanks,
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
    We have the OEM 360 antenna on the roof and when we begin inhabiting the "tin shack" (new name for the RV shelter) I am going to (hopefully today) add a larger external antenna and bring it to the amplifier. My submission to the quorum is "do we think that this will work okay, or will they have a conflict and the 360 get put into time out"? I am planning on a splitter just before the amplifier. Has anybody else tried this? Thanks,
    I’d be surprised if the amplifier has enough power to run two antennas, instead of a splitter I’d get a switch so you can run one or the other.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
    2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
    2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

A splitter costs you about half of your signal. Better to tap in where the existing antenna cable feeds if you can.
      John & Kathy
      2014 Reflection 303RLS
      2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Jkwilson View Post
        A splitter costs you about half of your signal. Better to tap in where the existing antenna cable feeds if you can.
        I'll try. I'm just not thrilled at the prospect of having something else to change out when we get home or leave. I'm trying to keep our bug out time @ less than 30 minutes, but I know at first that is gonna be a hard one until I get more stuff streamlined. I'm already re-thinking the tank bypass and doing it so I won't have to get too far underneath to connect.
        Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
        Nash County, NC
        2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

So, I got the new antenna mounted on the tin shack, ran the coax and then hooked up a spare TV. Scanned in about 15 more channels than we are getting in the 'tude. Granted the 'tude in behind the house and this antenna is almost 10 feet above almost every thing else. I think now that it is gonna be better than I hoped for.
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
          X