Furrion oven won't stay lit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion oven won't stay lit

Our Furrion oven in our 2020 Solitude S will not stay lit. Lights OK but goes out quite quickly. Burners work fine, so we are puzzled. Does anyone have an explanation and a solution? Many thanks.
    2020 Solitude 2930RL S-Class

The only thing I can think is the thermal couple. The pilot flame that you light heats up the end of the thermal coupler and when a proper temp is acquired the gas valve opens allowing the oven burner to light. ( Boy I sure hope I spelled "thermal coupler right.)

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by steve gravelle View Post
      Our Furrion oven in our 2020 Solitude S will not stay lit. Lights OK but goes out quite quickly. Burners work fine, so we are puzzled. Does anyone have an explanation and a solution? Many thanks.
      If the parts lookup site is correct the oven in your 2930RL-S Class is a Furrion FSRE21SA-SS.

I found the manual online and attached it here for your convenience. See page 19 for lighting instructions. Unfortunately the troubleshooting section of the manual is not very helpful.

Attached Files
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by steve gravelle View Post
        Since you have a 2020, make sure you contact your dealer. The Oven should be covered by warranty.
        Mike
        2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Update on oven issue. I contacted Grand Design by email. Their response was that they would contact Furrion and ask for help. The next time they emailed me was to request a shipping address because they were sending a new stove. It came in a few days and was an easy install, one gas line, two wires and six screws. It solved the issue, and upon further contact it was stated that the solution was on Grand Design, because we were days out of warranty. Also took about $130.00 in UPS shipping. This is our second Grand Design, can't say enough about their excellent customer service.
          2020 Solitude 2930RL S-Class

Comment

That's great news Steve!

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
            X