Sound bar mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound bar mod

We got tired of having the worst TV in the known universe installed in our 310GK. Buying the Samsung super duper 10,000,000K 50" TV was the easy part. Bolting it on to the TV lift was interesting and covered in another post but the sound bar and subwoofer install went well and works great!

We bought a Yamaha sound bar for the "hidden" compartment over the fireplace but were not willing to leave the door open when we wanted to use the television. We have a good friend with a custom audio shop and he routed out the inside of the cover panel and covered it with speaker cloth. The subwoofer went behind the theater seats. The sound is terrific and we think it looks very nice. If you didn't know it was there you wouldn't notice it.

Picture of completed project:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20200803_073948.jpg
Views:	882
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	26138

Picture of sound bar inside of compartment:

Name:	20200803_074010.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	26139

Better picture of routed out area:

Name:	20200803_074001.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	26140
    2017 310GK

Sweet! Speaker cloth is great for enclosing spaces. The DW's used it (with expansion rods) to "hide" my bookshelf speakers in the living room media console. So she took my small speakers and made the enclosure look like a big picture. (I didn't "get it" but she liked it so who was I to argue?)

Really nice job on your project. And thanks for all the pictures.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I considered doing that with my installation, but I need to get to a switch on a Bluetooth transmitter/receiver mounted with the sound bar in that space. I ended up just removing the door and using part of it to make a "mantle" to finish off the opening. Nice job on yours!

Name:	20200315_102903 (Medium).jpg
Views:	474
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	26169
      Rob & Laura
      U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
      2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
      2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
      (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
      Full time since 08/2015

Comment

GDRV-Megan and/or GDRV-Emily -- suggest passing this thread to the Solitude team. Really nice mod that looks like it could be incorporated into production units to produce an industry-leading entertainment center setup.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X