Noisy Obnoxious Whining Refrigerator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noisy Obnoxious Whining Refrigerator

We just got our new 2020 29RS and the Dometic refrigerator has the most obnoxious whining sound. Is this normal?

Originally posted by ColoradoRVers View Post
    We just got our new 2020 29RS and the Dometic refrigerator has the most obnoxious whining sound. Is this normal?
    The Dometic is not silent, but "obnoxious" and "whining" depends on an individual's hearing. Can you take a short video and post it?

FYI, I have the RM1350 in my 315RLST. Which model is in your 29RS?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

If you pull the outside covers off to gain access to the rear of the fridge and have a ladder you can almost look down from the top and see the single fan that is in between the top cover and bottom cover, a phone pic may help with this. Check to make sure it is attached securely. It is a noisy little fan and this is the first time I have experienced it with a trailer. Ours is not as bad as you are explaining yours so I would check to see that everything looks good. Other than that a different fan my be the answer, don't ask me how to add or change one yet as I have not done it.
      Please keep us posted on your findings, for all to learn.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

As an update to my post, Dometic provided a replace fan which the service tech installed. It was cover under warranty. We’ll see if this did the trick.

Comment

Working...
        X