Norcold won't run on LP gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norcold won't run on LP gas

We knew this when we took delivery as we were contacted about it after the PDI, 6 days in advance. The frig works fine otherwise. We were told there was a bad batch of boards and that there was a backlog to get one. My question is, how long should we give the dealer to get the board in to make the frig right? Thank you.
    Bill & Cindy
    2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
    SE Texas

Originally posted by BillinTexas View Post
    We knew this when we took delivery as we were contacted about it after the PDI, 6 days in advance. The frig works fine otherwise. We were told there was a bad batch of boards and that there was a backlog to get one. My question is, how long should we give the dealer to get the board in to make the frig right? Thank you.
    Try to search for "dinosaur" brand boards and see if you can find your board number there. If it is available I would see if they will pay for that board. This brand has been used by many GD owners on water heaters and furnaces. They seem to have a better life span than the stock board.

Here is the link to there site http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/

You will have to search you model number of fridge or board. They may be a little more cost than the stock but may be worth it. I have a spare board for our water heater for when it fails at the wrong time, it has already failed but was replace under warranty.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks, Brian. Are you speaking of the dealer paying for the board?
      Bill & Cindy
      2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
      SE Texas

Comment

Yes I would request that. If Dinosaur has the proper board in stock and Norcold does not it would be worth asking for this substitute.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I think Brian has given good advice to look into another board brand. But I wanted to weigh in and let everyone know that many suppliers and repair facilities are facing shortages of parts right now. The reason is two-fold.

First, the demand for new RVs is extremely high. Lots of folks no longer want to stay in hotels with the virus concerns, so they are purchasing RVs instead. This is causing all of the RV manufacturers and their supply chain to work extra hard to get their parts delivered on time.

The second reason is that many factories are faced with worker shortages for a number of virus driven reasons. If a worker gets sick, they may have to quarantine the whole line for two weeks. And some workers have child care issues and other reasons that they can't get to work.

It's causing a perfect storm for parts shortages and delays.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Jim, thanks for your reply. It is that way in many industries, unfortunately. How does one go about finding out the manufacture date of the RV? Norcold is asking when I attempt to register the frig.
            Bill & Cindy
            2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
            SE Texas

Comment

The official manufacture date of the RV will be recorded on the side of your trailer. Look on the front left side for the axle tag. In the example below, you can see my RV was manufactured in Sept/2016.

For warranty purposes, the date should be the day that you purchased the trailer.

Jim

Click image for larger version

Name:	Date.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	27168
              Jim and Ginnie
              2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
              GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
              GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Jim, thanks for your reply. It is that way in many industries, unfortunately. How does one go about finding out the manufacture date of the RV? Norcold is asking when I attempt to register the frig.
                Your warranty "should" start at the date you take delivery. The date of manufacture will be on the white or yellow sticker on the front driver side of the RV. You will see a date like "5/2020". I am not sure how the appliance manufacture determines the warranty period, if it is date of manufacture or date of purchase.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you both. I did find this on the side. I will look for the axle tag if this isn't it.
                  Bill & Cindy
                  2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                  SE Texas

Comment

I have attempted to reach out to Norcold on Facebook. I attempt to register the product and I'm told the model no. and s/n is not correct when I have the tag giving me the info.
                    Bill & Cindy
                    2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                    SE Texas

Comment

I meant to also ask about the vent panels on the slide exterior behind the refrigerator. I assume those are for access to the back of the frig. Square slotted head are what I see as possible fasteners. Do these turn?
                      Bill & Cindy
                      2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                      SE Texas

Comment

I meant to also ask about the vent panels on the slide exterior behind the refrigerator. I assume those are for access to the back of the frig. Square slotted head are what I see as possible fasteners. Do these turn?
                        I can turn the fasteners by hand on my 315's panels. Once turned the bottom tips out and then pull gently down so the upper tabs slide out. The pic below is the upper panel (same as the lower). Hopefully yours is similar. (A picture would help!)

Name:	vent panel.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	27213
                        For the registration issue...I can only suggest contacting Norcold on the phone to get that figured out.

Howard
                        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I can turn the fasteners by hand on my 315's panels. Once turned the bottom tips out and then pull gently down so the upper tabs slide out. The pic below is the upper panel (same as the lower). Hopefully yours is similar. (A picture would help!)

Name:	vent panel.JPG
Views:	256
Size:	137.2 KB
ID:	27213
                          For the registration issue...I can only suggest contacting Norcold on the phone to get that figured out.

Howard
                          Howard, that is how mine look except the "screws" are on top.
                          Bill & Cindy
                          2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                          SE Texas

Comment

Howard, that is how mine look except the "screws" are on top.
                            I sure would like to see a picture of that, I have not seen any with the screws at the top.

Brian
                            Last edited by howson; 08-16-2020, 03:52 PM.
                            Brian & Michelle
                            2018 Reflection 29RS
                            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post

I sure would like to see a picture of that, I have not seen any with the screws at the top.

Brian
                              Bill & Cindy
                              2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                              SE Texas

Comment

Working...
                              X