PSA - Furrion cook-top grommets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA - Furrion cook-top grommets

Unfortunately, our new 310GK-R came off the line a few months before GD replaced the Furrion cook-top and oven with the Insignia range. We've had problems with the grommets for the cook-top grates tearing up and/or disappearing. I called GD Customer Service and told them I had two (at the time) I needed replacements for. The very pleasant response was, "No problem - I'll send out three. I don't know if that's three grommets or three packages with multiple grommets. They're on back-order, though, and won't be in for about six weeks." OK... jury rig and wait. When the box finally arrived it contained... wait for it... ONE grommet! I guess there's a world-wide shortage of this particular grommet for the Furrion cook-top.

In the meantime I searched and found that I could order them from one RV parts store or from one or two eBay sellers - both for $9.99 PER GROMMET (no, that's not a typo) plus shipping. So, I did some measurements and did some more searching.

What I found were these on Amazon (link below). The measurements for inside diameter, groove width, groove diameter, and thickness all match the Furrion grommet perfectly. They just aren't as big around as the OEM grommets. They work very well. The price works out to 10 cents per grommet (free shipping with Prime) and we have plenty of spares, now.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Perhaps this info can be of use to someone.

Rob
    Last edited by Second Chance; 08-17-2020, 02:22 PM.
    Rob & Laura
    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015
Working...
X