Cable TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable TV

Does the TV require a cable decoder box when hooked up to a Campground provided cable? I can't get a signal to my TV when I hooked up! Extremely frustrating! Any solutions would be VERY welcome.

Originally posted by JohnLP View Post
    Does the TV require a cable decoder box when hooked up to a Campground provided cable? I can't get a signal to my TV when I hooked up! Extremely frustrating! Any solutions would be VERY welcome.
    Usually the answer is "no", but I have stayed at one campground in Arkansas that issued a box at check in to connect to the cable system.

What unit do you have, JohnLP? Either in your post (or better in your signature) it helps the forum members answer a question when they know the unit. The TV you're trying to program would be good to know, too.

Your issue could be several different issues.

1) Wiring (cable) problem. Try (for troubleshooting) running the cable directly from the campground hookup to the TV.
    2) Did you deselect the signal booster (should be "off" when watching cable). The switch is a small red button, usually behind the TV.
    3) Is the TV's input set to cable?
    4) Once connected to the cable, did you go through the TV's programming steps to "discover" the cable channels?

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson skipped one that gets me every so often, make sure the cable is connected to the right cable connection. We have three and every now and then I'll attach the cable to satellite or auxiliary post instead of cable. Makes for an unhappy wife.
      John
      2018 Momentum 395M
      2018 Ram 3500 Dually
      Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Just to emphasize howson point #2, since it's probably the most common problem and simplest to fix.

Somewhere in the area of your TV, look for a plastic wall plate similar to those you might have for light switches at home. The plate will have two or more cable connections on it. Somewhere on the face of that plate - often extremely difficult to see - will be a tiny button. Press it in, you should see a little LED on the plate light up and you're set for watching TV from the trailer's antenna.

Press it again to release that button, the LED should go out, and you're (usually) set for watching cable from a cable system connected to the "Cable" connector in the Nautilus area on the drivers' side of your trailer. It's rare that you need a box to connect but as howson says it does happen. (Once in three years for us.)

Hope this helps.
        Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

I am having the same problem. At previous campground, we used full xfinity with wi-fi and 3 TV hookups.
          Now on the road and campground cable….no signal at either tv. Did a direct hook up to a third tv and had 100+ channels. Checked the infamously popular ‘button’ in the tv cable connection and made sure light was OFF. Did scan/search…changed main tv to ‘cable’ connection from hdmi? This is a 2021 375-RES R

Comment

My cable connection is made at the nautilus. Living room TV works fine, but can't get a good picture in the bedroom. I can scan the channels okay, but picture is all snowy and static. Any help would be appreciated
            Barry & Karen
            2015 Ram 2500 Laramie 4wd, 6.7 Cummins, Edge Insight CTS2 Monitor, Air Bags, 70 gal aux tank, TST tire monitor
            2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Originally posted by Mopar Man View Post
              My cable connection is made at the nautilus. Living room TV works fine, but can't get a good picture in the bedroom. I can scan the channels okay, but picture is all snowy and static. Any help would be appreciated
              Sounds like you may have a loose cable connection. Check all connections that you can find, behind the Nautilus panel, the antenna power booster, the door side of the pass thru, any where there is a cable outlet.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Does anyone have a clue as to how the TV cable is routed through a 2022 310GK ? Is there a splitter connection to living room and bedroom ? Have basement access panel off and wiring makes no sense as to the way it's labeled. Are there any diagrams available anywhere ?
                Thanks
                Barry & Karen
                2015 Ram 2500 Laramie 4wd, 6.7 Cummins, Edge Insight CTS2 Monitor, Air Bags, 70 gal aux tank, TST tire monitor
                2022 Solitude 310GK-R

Comment

Working...
                X