dimmer switch installation for main cabin ceiling lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dimmer switch installation for main cabin ceiling lights

I have a 2020 Reflection 260RD. The main cabin lights have the "always on" bright blue light switch which many folks comment on and I would like to either eliminate the blue light or replace the switch with a dimmer. I have read many comments about yes you can and no you can't replace this switch depending on different factors. The current switch is wired with a white wire, a white/red wire and a white wire which is looped in series with other light switches on the panel. Just disconnecting the white wire or the white/red wire does not turn out the blue light. So where do I go from here to solve the issue??

Originally posted by Dragon View Post
    I have a 2020 Reflection 260RD. The main cabin lights have the "always on" bright blue light switch which many folks comment on and I would like to either eliminate the blue light or replace the switch with a dimmer. I have read many comments about yes you can and no you can't replace this switch depending on different factors. The current switch is wired with a white wire, a white/red wire and a white wire which is looped in series with other light switches on the panel. Just disconnecting the white wire or the white/red wire does not turn out the blue light. So where do I go from here to solve the issue??
    I read need to remove from the switch the wire that's looped to the other switches.
    Put some electrical tape over that disconnected wire's quick disconnect as it's still feeding the other switches.

The switch has +12V into it and switches that to the lights.
    The LED needs a ground to light up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue Illuminated Miniature Rocker Switch.jpg
Views:	657
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	28263
    Gene and Kim
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
    2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Working...
    X