Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion Vision S display

Greetings!

I'm not sure where this question belongs, so I picked "Appliances and Electronics".

When I purchased my travel trailer I had the dealer install a Furrion Vision S7, 3 camera backup/observation system. I mounted the 7" monitor on the table stand and attached it to the dash of my truck with velcro strips. The problem I am having, is that I have a very difficult time seeing anything on the monitor during daylight hours. I have the monitor set for auto-dim, and I turned the brightness up on all the cameras, but during the daytime the picture just isn't bright enough to see very well. I have laid the monitor down on the console, out of the sun, and it is still hard to see. I can't imagine that changing the mounting location would have any improved effect, as the monitor screen does not get direct sunlight in any place I have tried it. If it's a cloudy day, or when I am pulling through my drive through storage unit, the image is bright enough to see, but not overly bright. But in the bright sunlight it is very difficult to see. It is not nearly as bright as my in dash GPS display which shows up well in the daylight.

Has anybody experienced a similar issue?

Does anybody know of a way to turn up the brightness on the monitor? The only way I know about, is to turn it up on each individual camera. That seems to work well, but just doesn't get bright enough, even when turned all the way up.

I have e-mailed Furrion, asking if there is a way to increase the brightness of the display, but I have not had a response.

Thank You!
    Bob Anthony

2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2019 GMC Denali HD 4x4 Duramax
    Last edited by Country Campers; 04-19-2023, 07:37 PM. Reason: Rule 13
    Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL
    2019 GMC Sierra 2500 Denali HD 4x4 Duramax

Originally posted by RJAPCOK View Post
    Greetings!

I'm not sure where this question belongs, so I picked "Appliances and Electronics".

When I purchased my travel trailer I had the dealer install a Furrion Vision S7, 3 camera backup/observation system. I mounted the 7" monitor on the table stand and attached it to the dash of my truck with velcro strips. The problem I am having, is that I have a very difficult time seeing anything on the monitor during daylight hours. I have the monitor set for auto-dim, and I turned the brightness up on all the cameras, but during the daytime the picture just isn't bright enough to see very well. I have laid the monitor down on the console, out of the sun, and it is still hard to see. I can't imagine that changing the mounting location would have any improved effect, as the monitor screen does not get direct sunlight in any place I have tried it. If it's a cloudy day, or when I am pulling through my drive through storage unit, the image is bright enough to see, but not overly bright. But in the bright sunlight it is very difficult to see. It is not nearly as bright as my in dash GPS display which shows up well in the daylight.

Does anybody know of a way to turn up the brightness on the monitor? The only way I know about, is to turn it up on each individual camera. That seems to work well, but just doesn't get bright enough, even when turned all the way up.

I have e-mailed Furrion, asking if there is a way to increase the brightness of the display, but I have not had a response.

Thank You!
    Bob Anthony

2020 Imagine 2970RL
    Although I have the prior model that you are discussing I had the same issue. I discovered that the angle of the camera was too high and there are several ‘notch’ positions on the mounting bracket. On a ladder I adjusted the camera down a notch or two (by hand, very easy) at that made a tremendous improvement. Also, check the position of any surrounding lights that may be too near your Camera, I’ve seen reports of that being an issue also. I’m not sure if my issue and solution is the same as yours but it’s worth taking a look at. Additionally, the Camera I’m referring to crapped out during the first year and I called Furrion and they sent me a new one. Good Luck. 😫 after re-reading your post I’m not sure my input will fit very well for your situation, in any case, on my screen there is a brightness adjustment for the screen itself. I would also try turning the auto-dim off to see if that helps. You may also check to see if the angle of any of your cameras are too low.
    Last edited by Schiefswret; 08-31-2020, 07:02 AM.
    Dave and Sue
    2020 GD 2250RK
    2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
    Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
    GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
    SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. So far I have just looked to the brightness control. I will check the camera angles next time I have the trailer out. I have not found a brightness adjustment for the screen itself, and I can find nothing in the instruction manual.

Bob
      Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. So far I have just looked to the brightness control. I will check the camera angles next time I have the trailer out. I have not found a brightness adjustment for the screen itself, and I can find nothing in the instruction manual.

Bob
        The brightness adjustment buttons on my unit are vertical on the right side of the screen. Yours may well be different and it’s amazing that this is not covered in the user manual.
        ive had pretty good luck in the past with calling Furrion with questions. On one occasion they sent me out a new screen, no questions asked and it was a couple of months out of warranty!
        Dave and Sue
        2020 GD 2250RK
        2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
        Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
        GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
        SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Originally posted by Schiefswret View Post

The brightness adjustment buttons on my unit are vertical on the right side of the screen. Yours may well be different and it’s amazing that this is not covered in the user manual.
          ive had pretty good luck in the past with calling Furrion with questions. On one occasion they sent me out a new screen, no questions asked and it was a couple of months out of warranty!
          Thanks! We plan to have the trailer out again late next week and I'll be able to explore these suggestions further!

Bob
          Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL

Comment

Here is a photo of my Furrion S7 monitor on the dash of my truck. This is what I am wondering about. I cannot make the picture any brighter than this. I have the camera brightness turned up on all three cameras and the display is the same regardless of what camera I am viewing. Furrion has told me there is no brightness adjustment on the display itself, only on the individual cameras.

Attached Files
            Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL

Comment

Do you have the same problem at night? Are you wearing polarized sunglasses while troubleshooting the issue?

I learned the hard way that many monitors don't react well with polarized lenses unless viewed straight on. Any angle makes the image difficult to see, and it gets worse as the viewing angle increases. It makes the image appear dark, thus emulating your symptoms.

Just a thought.
              Chuck & Madelyn
              2021 Momentum 399th, built 8/20
              2020 Ram 3500 MC DRW 4x4, 6.7 HO
              Going full time 11/1

Comment

Greetings!

Thank You!
                Bob Anthony

2020 Imagine 2970RL
                After looking at you dash mounting location, have you considered making a shroud for it? Something shaped like this https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...SABEgL_T_D_BwE

You can fabricate it out of cardboard (spray it black) as a test and attach with double sided tape.

Just thinking here
                I have mine (smaller than yours) rubber banded to my reverse mirror where the background is blocked by the windshield heavy tinting.

Keith
                2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck_N View Post
                  Do you have the same problem at night? Are you wearing polarized sunglasses while troubleshooting the issue?

I learned the hard way that many monitors don't react well with polarized lenses unless viewed straight on. Any angle makes the image difficult to see, and it gets worse as the viewing angle increases. It makes the image appear dark, thus emulating your symptoms.

Just a thought.
                  I have not used it at night, but I have used it when driving through my storage unit. Inside the storage unit it is a little easier to see. Not using polarized lenses. Have tried monitor in various positions with no noticeable improvement. Furrion has told me there is not much more I can do.

Thank you for the suggestions!

Bob
                  Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

After looking at you dash mounting location, have you considered making a shroud for it? Something shaped like this https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...SABEgL_T_D_BwE

You can fabricate it out of cardboard (spray it black) as a test and attach with double sided tape.

Just thinking here
                    I have mine (smaller than yours) rubber banded to my reverse mirror where the background is blocked by the windshield heavy tinting.

Keith
                    I thought about making a shroud, and I probably will try that next. Right now too busy with other things.

Thank you for the suggestion!
                    Bob & Lynne

2020 Imagine 2970RL

Comment

Working...
                    X