Removal of TV on televator, 2019 Solitude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal of TV on televator, 2019 Solitude

We are wanting to upgrade the 49" TCL to a 50" Smart TV. Looking at the four fasteners that are holding the bracket (mounted to back of the TV) to the televator arms, they appear to be Torx fasteners. However, none of my Torx drivers fit. T15 is too small, T20 wants to fit but just spins in the head, and T25 is too big. Did Grand Design use something like a Torx but different or did the installer/s just spin the driver bit and trash the heads?

Anyone do this removal and any tricks would be appreciated.
    2019 Solitude 384GK-R.

Originally posted by KirbyRVA View Post
    We are wanting to upgrade the 49" TCL to a 50" Smart TV. Looking at the four fasteners that are holding the bracket (mounted to back of the TV) to the televator arms, they appear to be Torx fasteners. However, none of my Torx drivers fit. T15 is too small, T20 wants to fit but just spins in the head, and T25 is too big. Did Grand Design use something like a Torx but different or did the installer/s just spin the driver bit and trash the heads?

I believe that you've already got an answer, but just to close the loop on this thread a #2 Robertson (square bit) fits those screws just fine.

If you're a tool purist wanting to have exactly the right tool buy these "double-square" bits:

https://www.amazon.com/VEGA-Double-S.../dp/B07D8SXQZ4
    Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

I too want to replace the TCL TV that's on a lift thingy. Are you talking about the screws on the side of the televator (see attached photo) that is hooked on the lift? Also do I just need to loosen the screws, then lift the TV off?
      Thanks,
      Cindy
      2019 Solitude 310GK, Chevy High Country Silverado long bed
      2021 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Dualy
      2022 Solitude 3330RE
      Cindy & Xena

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy View Post

I too want to replace the TCL TV that's on a lift thingy. Are you talking about the screws on the side of the televator (see attached photo) that is hooked on the lift? Also do I just need to loosen the screws, then lift the TV off?
        Correct. The four screws in those long slotted “hooks” just need to be loosened (a fair bit) and then the TV lifted straight up before being pulled forward. As noted above a square #2 Robertson screwdriver bit works fine on those strange screws.

I found it easiest to access those screws when I lowered the TV about 1/3 of the way down. Disconnect the input wire(s) and the power cord before pulling the TV off the lift, otherwise you’ll be doing it with one hand while balancing the TV on the edge of the cabinet with your other hand! :-)
        Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Not to Hy jack but -
          I carry this bit set. https://www.harborfreight.com/securi...-pc-68457.html
          If you do a search (security bit set) you can find it elsewhere too
          Its amazing how often it comes in handy from trailer to cars, appliances and fixing what not.
          Hope this helps
          2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

Not to Hy jack but -
            I carry this bit set. https://www.harborfreight.com/securi...-pc-68457.html
            If you do a search (security bit set) you can find it elsewhere too
            Its amazing how often it comes in handy from trailer to cars, appliances and fixing what not.
            Hope this helps
            Thanks for the info from Yoda & boyscout..... all good advice... I'll need to choose a time when I'm feeling particularly strong to do this alone....
            Cindy
            2021 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Dualy
            2022 Solitude 3330RE
            Cindy & Xena

Comment

Working...
            X