Rubber Hose in Refrigerator compartment Norcold N611

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rubber Hose in Refrigerator compartment Norcold N611

There appears to be a rubber hose in my refrigerator compartment. It's floating free, and it has a plug inserted into the end?

Anyone have any idea what this is?

Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-09-09 18_48_33-Clipboard.png Views:	46 Size:	872.8 KB ID:	29165
    Last edited by Country Campers; 09-10-2020, 11:08 AM. Reason: Changed title
    Mike
    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Originally posted by mpking View Post
    There appears to be a rubber hose in my refrigerator compartment. It's floating free, and it has a plug inserted into the end?

On mine it is a water drain from the inside of the fridge, make sure it isn’t clogged up (pull the black end out and make sure air can move through it). Put it inside of the black cup so when water drains out of the fridge it drains into the cup to evaporate.
    Last edited by howson; 09-09-2020, 09:02 PM. Reason: Removed pic from quote to make response easier to read.
    Joe & Melissa Shantz
    2018 Solitude 310 GK, Sailun S637 Tires 5/14/20, Mor-Ryde IS, pin box and disk brakes 6/16/20
    2021 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

Jshantz is correct, mpking . You can see mine below.

Note, as shown by the red line, that there should be a "loop" in that drain line. Kind of like a P trap for a sink. That keeps hot air from making it's way back up the line when the refrigerator is running.

Howard

EDIT: The info above and the picture below is incorrect--please keep reading to find out why!

Click image for larger version  Name:	Loop.JPG Views:	0 Size:	108.0 KB ID:	29211
      Last edited by howson; 09-09-2020, 09:02 PM.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
        Jshantz is correct, mpking
        On my norcold 2118 fridge the white drain tube is only long enough to be barely in the cup, not long enough for a loop to hold some water in the line or drain to the outside of the exterior vents to drain out onto the ground. The white wire coming out of the drain tube is the power for an inside fridge fan.

Click image for larger version  Name:	C7EFB126-ADE4-4C1C-BE89-AE9375E32DB7.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	114.8 KB ID:	29214
        Last edited by howson; 09-09-2020, 09:01 PM.
        Joe & Melissa Shantz
        2018 Solitude 310 GK, Sailun S637 Tires 5/14/20, Mor-Ryde IS, pin box and disk brakes 6/16/20
        2021 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-09-09 18_48_33-Clipboard.png
Views:	1552
Size:	872.8 KB
ID:	29165
          DO NOT pull the black plug out....there are two small holes that must be cleaned to insure water flows out. No need for the bend in the hose. The critical need for the plug is so that on windy days you don't get airflow up through the tube and into the fridge.

Mark
          2014 HDT Volvo 780 "Baby Bird"
          2016 Smart Car "Baby Bird Turd" - on the back
          2020 Momentum 376THS
          We're both proud USAF Retirees...
          Retired RV Tech

Comment

RV Tech Ret -- thanks for that input, Mark. I keep learning every day that even what I think I know...I don't. I'll edit out the errant info above to minimize confusion.

For reference, below is the Dometic install instructions (reinforcing Mark's post).

Name:	Dometic.JPG
Views:	782
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	29223
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Note also... some refers have an evaporation tray and some do not. The ones that don't usually have a black corrugated tube that goes out the vent (like Howards pic) the Norcold refers have the tray with white tube and evap tray.
              Jim (& Sharon)
              2015 GD Momentum 385TH w/ Joy Rider shocks, Sailun 637s & 3" Garage extension, LifeBlue Lithium.
              2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
              The toys:
              2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE
              2018 Fiat Abarth Cabrio

Comment

mpking

Could you please verify the brand and model of your refer?
                We will add this to the title and first post.

Thanks
                Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Country Campers , Build sheet says Norcold N611
                  Mike
                  2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
                    RV Tech Ret -- thanks for that input, Mark. I keep learning every day that even what I think I know...I don't. I'll edit out the errant info above to minimize confusion.

For reference, below is the Dometic install instructions (reinforcing Mark's post).

Name:	Dometic.JPG
Views:	782
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	29223
                    Returned from our maiden voyage today which went very well! While cleaning out the fridge noticed the drip tray on our Dometic was full and not draining.

​​​​​​I went outside and pulled the covers off and found the black corrugated hose shoved up inside the coils. I wondered why ours didn't have one sticking through the vent. I pulled it down and wow, it started draining.

Two questions,
                    1) Where can I get a perforated plug? I'm guessing this should have been part of the dealer PDI.
                    2) Am I supposed to create an 'elbow/trap' in the tube when I route the tube to keep cold air from getting out and warm air going in?

Our fridge is in the slide so it will exit our the vent.
                    Mike & Lisa
                    Central Florida
                    2021 Imagine 2970RL
                    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

Originally posted by OurNewEra View Post

Returned from our maiden voyage today which went very well! While cleaning out the fridge noticed the drip tray on our Dometic was full and not draining.

​​​​​​I went outside and pulled the covers off and found the black corrugated hose shoved up inside the coils. I wondered why ours didn't have one sticking through the vent. I pulled it down and wow, it started draining.

Two questions,
                      1) Where can I get a perforated plug? I'm guessing this should have been part of the dealer PDI.
                      2) Am I supposed to create an 'elbow/trap' in the tube when I route the tube to keep cold air from getting out and warm air going in?

Our fridge is in the slide so it will exit our the vent.
                      I'd ask your dealer for the plug, Mike. If the fail to respond, call Grand Design Customer Service.

For the elbow...there's nothing in the installation manual that requires it. I don't know Mark personally, but given the evidence I believe his input that one is not required is accurate. Will it hurt? I doubt it--I have one in mine (it's always been that way) and since the drain line is so long the water does not back up into the refrigerator. In other words, if there is an "elbow" you want it in the lower 50% of the line to ensure water drains out of the line.

I hope that makes sense...getting tired...

Howard

Comment

Working...
                      X