Insignia Oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia Oven

So my new rig has a bug... Go figure all part of breaking them in. The new Insignia range elec igniters will not work. No spark at all. I had the dealer look at it and they are telling me the whole unit needs to be replaced. That seems like overkill to me. The problem is something simple as a fuse or the igniter box. Anyone else have this issue or any ideas. Dealer is saying a few months to get it with the parts shortage
    2018 Ram 3500 Longhorn CC,LB, DRW

2021 Momentum 397TH-R

Originally posted by ShawnErtha View Post
    So my new rig has a bug... Go figure all part of breaking them in. The new Insignia range elec igniters will not work. No spark at all. I had the dealer look at it and they are telling me the whole unit needs to be replaced. That seems like overkill to me. The problem is something simple as a fuse or the igniter box. Anyone else have this issue or any ideas. Dealer is saying a few months to get it with the parts shortage
    Since the Insignia is a new product in GDRV units, you are the first person I've seen with an issue. Quite often the dealer's service department does not have the training or know-how to troubleshoot an appliance to the component level. So the easy answer for them is to just replace it.

I tried to do a little research on your question, but didn't have any luck. Do you happen to know the model number of your cooktop?

Please keep us posted on the outcome.

Thanks,

JIm
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Since the Insignia is a new product in GDRV units, you are the first person I've seen with an issue. Quite often the dealer's service department does not have the training or know-how to troubleshoot an appliance to the component level. So the easy answer for them is to just replace it.

I tried to do a little research on your question, but didn't have any luck. Do you happen to know the model number of your cooktop?

Please keep us posted on the outcome.

Thanks,

JIm
      Not off the top of my head right now. I am picking up the trailer later this afternoon and I can get it then. That was my thought with the service department. I know most of them can not work on an appliance. Good thing is I can still use it by lighting it off with a lighter, so its not a show stopper. I know things go south with new units...Its part of owning an RV so I can not get mad? at GD for it. Overall they did a great job on building the unit.
      Last edited by howson; 09-22-2020, 02:13 PM. Reason: Forum software edited out original word entry with *******. I added what I think (in context) makes sense. -Howard (moderator)

2021 Momentum 397TH-R

Comment

I talked with GD on the issue and they are having a delay in getting replacement parts. I believe what they are wanting to do is ship me a new unit and I can replace it myself. Not a bad deal. I wish I could just get the elec part I need from Insigina. Its located on the back of the unit and easy to replace.

2021 Momentum 397TH-R

Comment

Working...
        X