Firing up the Blackstone 22" griddle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firing up the Blackstone 22" griddle

I am currently powering up my Blackstone 22" two burner from a 20# cylinder but would like to connect to the onboard propane via my quick connect. Is the quick connect on the 297RSTS capable of supplying the 24,000 Btu that the range requires?

Thanks
    Reflection 297RSTS
    Ram Laramie CC 2500 Hemi

Originally posted by Cahriad View Post
    I am currently powering up my Blackstone 22" two burner from a 20# cylinder but would like to connect to the onboard propane via my quick connect. Is the quick connect on the 297RSTS capable of supplying the 24,000 Btu that the range requires?

Thanks
    Yes it is. I use the quick connect to run my 3 burner camp chef with no problems. The quick connect will already be regulated so you will not need a regulator in the line to the stove. Also if you remove the line already connected to the quick connect your fridge will not work on gas , this is the line to supply the interior fridge , unless you already have a second spare quick connect.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks
      I have run my 22” blackstone, generator, fire pit, and furnace, all at the same time off the rigs propane supply with no issue. The regulator seems more than capable of the flow required.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
      2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
      2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Thanks
        Yes. I have the Blackstone Tailgater and took it on our first trip last week. It worked great except when it was very windy on the first two days. I had ordered the 12 ft hose to connect to the trailer but when it came it had the wrong size connector for the grill. So the first trip I used a 20# cylinder. Which I think I may continue doing because it gives me the ability to put the grill wherever makes the most sense for the campsite we are in. I don't want to be limited to the 12 foot hose.

If you are going to order the hose I would suggest you get it from Propanegear.com or another retailer where you can talk to a human and confirm it will work on the 22", get the correct grill connector. I ordered mine from Amazon and even thought the description said it would fit the Tailgater IT DID NOT!.
        Mike & Lisa
        Central Florida
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Comment

I have the 17". (Currently in the middle of a project to replace my outdoor kitchen 2 burner stove with a shelf for the Blackstone).

I can confirm that on super windy days, it has issues holding heat. I'm also considering fabricating some wind baffles to keep the wind off it.
          Mike
          2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post
            I have the 17". (Currently in the middle of a project to replace my outdoor kitchen 2 burner stove with a shelf for the Blackstone).

I can confirm that on super windy days, it has issues holding heat. I'm also considering fabricating some wind baffles to keep the wind off it.
            The wind baffles are definitely a necessity. I tried some foil at the time that worked OK. There are several videos on YouTube on how to fabricate wind baffles. Most people used metal from the hardware store. I'm thinking I am going to buy some cheap non-stick cookie sheets and cut those up. That way they would be coated and I don't have to bother painting them. For the Tailgater which is on a stand I may also need to make some type of skirt for the 3 sides.
            Mike & Lisa
            Central Florida
            2021 Imagine 2970RL

Comment

Just so you are aware....

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...language=en_US

Comes from this video:
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6p2hcVaGfE

Steve (Video Creator) applied it to a plastic corrugated board.... He run around with a Infrared temp scanner, and measuring temps.
              Mike

Comment

Yippee. Ginnie gifted me a Blackstone grille for my birthday. Now I have to get up to speed on them.

Jim
                Jim and Ginnie
                2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                  Yippee. Ginnie gifted me a Blackstone grille for my birthday. Now I have to get up to speed on them.

Jim
                  Congrats! I love mine, got one for Christmas and swapped my camp chef stove for it in the rig. I still carry a Green Mountain Davy Crockett smoker for smoking and grilling, but I use the Blacksone for almost everything unless I want to get into a whole thing.
                  Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.​

Neil Citro
                  2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                  2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Jim
                    Congratulations and happy birthday! I love the griddle on my Tailgater. There are plenty of vids on YouTube. Of course some better than others.
                    Mike & Lisa
                    Central Florida
                    2021 Imagine 2970RL

Comment

Originally posted by mpking View Post

We got a 17" before our 2nd trip out. They are great. I bought a hose and fitting to attached to the quick connect but haven't used it yet. One solution to the wind that I've seen a number of folks using are dough cutters. You can hang them on the sides. https://www.amazon.com/Scraper-Stain...1841899&sr=8-5
                      Bill & Cindy
                      2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
                      2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
                      SE Texas

Comment

Jim
                        We like ours a lot! We've found having the quick-connect from the camper to the grill is nice, but also having the option of using the small green bottle (to cook on a surface not near the camper) is also an option we like to have available.
                        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

We like ours a lot! We've found having the quick-connect from the camper to the grill is nice, but also having the option of using the small green bottle (to cook on a surface not near the camper) is also an option we like to have available.
                          Howard - I just purchased the quick connect for the camper, but also found a hose that will allow me to connect directly from a 20# or 30# propane bottle directly to the regulator on the Blackstone. This way, I can use one of my larger bottles anywhere I want and not have to rely on those little green bottles. So get out your credit card. Amazon wants to know why you've been avoiding them.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Jim
                          Jim and Ginnie
                          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by BillinTexas View Post

We got a 17" before our 2nd trip out. They are great. I bought a hose and fitting to attached to the quick connect but haven't used it yet. One solution to the wind that I've seen a number of folks using are dough cutters. You can hang them on the sides. https://www.amazon.com/Scraper-Stain...1841899&sr=8-5
                            What wizardry is this?

How's it work? Hang them from the metal top, and they hang down blocking the opening?
                            Mike

Comment

Working...
                            X