Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Installation of Winegard GW 1000

Hi All,

Just took delivery of a new Reflection 297RSTS. It has the Winegard 360+ installed on the roof and the Router GW 1000 pre-wired on the interior ceiling. When I removed the Winegard ceiling cap I was able to pull out the three WiFi 4G cables out (no questions there). Then there is this long yellow/white power cable loop. I cannot pull an end of this cable out for fear of damaging it's connection to the 360+ above.

Has anyone had this experience? What exactly is this loop?

I have searched and viewed everything I can with no informative results. The only thing I haven't done is phoned Grand Design directly. Winegard just sluffs this off on the manufacturer.

Attached is a photo.

Any experiences or advice would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Mauiboy View Post
    Hi All,

Just took delivery of a new Reflection 297RSTS. It has the Winegard 360+ installed on the roof and the Router GW 1000 pre-wired on the interior ceiling. When I removed the Winegard ceiling cap I was able to pull out the three WiFi 4G cables out (no questions there). Then there is this long yellow/white power cable loop. I cannot pull an end of this cable out for fear of damaging it's connection to the 360+ above.

Has anyone had this experience? What exactly is this loop?

I have searched and viewed everything I can with no informative results. The only thing I haven't done is phoned Grand Design directly. Winegard just sluffs this off on the manufacturer.

Attached is a photo.

Any experiences or advice would be appreciated.
    That yellow/white wire looks like the 12v power source for the router (lucky you!). Check it with a voltmeter and I bet there's 12v on it. If not, look for a fuse holder marked accordingly with no fuse in it (bottom of circuit breaker panel)? Not sure--haven't seen one myself that is pre-wired.

If you'd like to read about my install, see https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ion-in-315rlts

Please follow up with what you find and the final installation.

Howard

Edit: Reading your post again I now realize you know it's the power wire...might be snagged on the fuse holder?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Just got a 2021 Reflection 337 and I have exactly the same situation with the power wire....what did you do Mauiboy? I expected this to be a simple plug and play. Did you do anything with the provided switch? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cdculver View Post
        Just got a 2021 Reflection 337 and I have exactly the same situation with the power wire....what did you do Mauiboy? I expected this to be a simple plug and play. Did you do anything with the provided switch? Thanks
        Unfortunately Mauiboy posted on the 5th and hasn't returned. (By clicking on a user's forum name you can see there last activity.)

My install is completely different since it's an older Reflection, but if you give it a look (link in post #2) it may give you a few ideas.

Welcome to the forum, BTW!

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Just installed the router in my 2021 Reflection 150 240RL. The yellow and white wire loop is the power supply. You need to turn all the power off and cut the loop. Wire the red lead to the two yellow wires and the white from the router power wire to the white wires. Mount the router and power back up.

Comment

Originally posted by hazmatbl View Post
            Just installed the router in my 2021 Reflection 150 240RL. The yellow and white wire loop is the power supply. You need to turn all the power off and cut the loop. Wire the red lead to the two yellow wires and the white from the router power wire to the white wires. Mount the router and power back up.
            Exactly!

Welcome to the forum, hazmatbl. Hazmat...hmmm...that term brings back memories from work years gone by....

Since that was your first post, please check out the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard

Comment

hazmatbl Welcome to the family and the forum!

Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
              X