Help installing the Winegard Gateway without pre wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help installing the Winegard Gateway without pre wire

I would like to install the Winegard Gateway on a 2021 Imagine 2970RL. The Air 360 antenna was factory installed. However, the prewire ceiling access cap is not installed. Has anyone installed the gateway in the 2970RL?
    Dave & Tracey
    Colorado Springs, CO
    2020 F250 4x4 Crew Cab 6.2L Gas 6 Speed AT
    2021 Imagine 2970RL

Originally posted by Davecann View Post
    I would like to install the Winegard Gateway on a 2021 Imagine 2970RL. The Air 360 antenna was factory installed. However, the prewire ceiling access cap is not installed. Has anyone installed the gateway in the 2970RL?
    Hi Dave,
    The Winegard Air 360 is not compatible with the Gateway. It's the Winegard Air 360+ that is compatible. (The lack of the ceiling access cap is the clue that you have the 360.)

My '19 315RLTS didn't come with the Winegard, but the thread on how I installed mine may provide some info you'll find useful. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ion-in-315rlts

If you haven't had a chance to read the welcome letter (I see you're new!), please take a moment as it has information that hopefully helps you get the most out of this forum. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Howard

P.S. Here's a summary of the two Winegards so you can see the difference

Winegard Air 360 (Note it "only" has a coax output)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Winegard.jpg Views:	329 Size:	92.8 KB ID:	31580

Winegard Air 360+ (Note it has Coax, ethernet, and WiFi/4G cables.)
    Click image for larger version  Name:	Winegard2.jpg Views:	240 Size:	46.3 KB ID:	31581
    Last edited by howson; 05-13-2021, 01:15 PM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Well that explain things. Thank you.
      Dave & Tracey
      Colorado Springs, CO
      2020 F250 4x4 Crew Cab 6.2L Gas 6 Speed AT
      2021 Imagine 2970RL

Comment

Working...
      X