Rooftop satellite cable routing - 2020 Imagine 3000QB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rooftop satellite cable routing - 2020 Imagine 3000QB

Thinking of installing a Dish satellite system in my 2020 Imagine 3000QB - I plan to use a mount that would let me take the antenna/dish off the roof easily if I needed to (because of trees blocking the southern sky). Question I have is does any have experience routing RG6 cable from the rooftop into the basement of this unit? If so, can you share any tips or recommendations?

Originally posted by geesabl1 View Post
    Thinking of installing a Dish satellite system in my 2020 Imagine 3000QB - I plan to use a mount that would let me take the antenna/dish off the roof easily if I needed to (because of trees blocking the southern sky). Question I have is does any have experience routing RG6 cable from the rooftop into the basement of this unit? If so, can you share any tips or recommendations?
    I can't help with your specific question but I can make a recommendation: call Grand Design Customer Service and ask for "Roof Plan" drawing. It will give you an idea (verify, verify, verify!) where the joists are located, and the air conditioning "racetrack" that circulates the entire length of your trailer.

Obviously I'd share the one I have if it was allowed, but GD wisely has asked that owners call them so that if there is something unique (or a production change) affecting your trailer they will be able to get you the right drawing. (Mine is dated Jun 19).

Good luck--and please take pics and share your install with us. You can post as you go (as I normally do on a project) or just wrap it up in one when complete if that's your preference. Either way, sharing what worked (and what didn't!) helps fellow owners who will want to tackle this same project in the future.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X