Refrigerator Error Li oP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refrigerator Error Li oP

We have a 2019 Grand Design Momentum 395M. After our trip last weekend, the refrigerator started beeping and gave us an error message Li oP. The explanation says to take it to a dealer. I have researched a little and found that this may be the temperature relay and that we may be able to change it out ourselves. Has anyone else received this message or had any luck replacing the relay? Thanks for your advice!

I'm at the GDRV national rally. I'll check with the technicians in the morning and see if I can get some info.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Can you please respond with the make and model number of your refrigerator?
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by GANurse View Post
        We have a 2019 Grand Design Momentum 395M. After our trip last weekend, the refrigerator started beeping and gave us an error message Li oP. The explanation says to take it to a dealer. I have researched a little and found that this may be the temperature relay and that we may be able to change it out ourselves. Has anyone else received this message or had any luck replacing the relay? Thanks for your advice!
        GANurse,
        You may not need to replace the relay. I suggest trying to reset it yourself and then monitor closely to see if the L1 code (quickly) repeats. The video below explains the who-what-where-why well.

Please post a follow-up when the issue is resolved.

-Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Old thread but on my Norcold 1200 if I aggressively wash and get too much water in the compartment it will trip the over-temp sensor and shut down the refer. It's a safety design recall added relay due to refer fires. But it will go off when not over heated. Yes magnet works sometime and does for mine. Take the back cover off and the over temp relay is easily identifiable approximately 4" square with a red LED on it the sensor tripped. I used a rare earth magnet that came with my motorcycle brake light for the strobing pattern changing. As I recall placing it in the upper right corner, move it around some, you can reset the relay. Leave it powered up so you can see it reset. Red LED will go off, you may hear a faint click if your hearing is good, and Li oP will go away and refer work. If the back area is dry and it trips again you may have an overtemp problem and need it serviced to replaced.
          2007 Itasca Horizon w/2017 Wrangler "pusher toad"
          2015 Solitude 320X (sold) likely a 351M to take it's place
          2017 Ram 3500 Laramie 4wd CC LB SRW
          2019 Harley Davidson Heritage 114 as the toy

Comment

Working...
          X