How do I light the stove pilot light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I light the stove pilot light?

2019 Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel. Furrion stove.
    How do I light the pilot light? There's probably a forum thread, or a video on this, so please direct me there if known.
    2019 Reflection 303RLS

For the oven, push the knob in to establish a flow of gas. (You might want to light a top burner for a couple of seconds first.) Reach in with a lighter, one of the longer models, we typically call a "clicker". After the pilot lights keep the knob pushed in for approx 15 seconds or so to allow the thermocouple to heat up. Release the knob and observe that the flame stays lit. Turn the knob to the desired temperature.

Comment

PS. Hope that the temperature setting is reasonably calibrated so the temperature you desire is where the oven heats to. These ovens are notorious for inaccuracies.

Comment

Also you must turn the knob to the pilot setting.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I turn the knob to the pilot setting, push the knob and then turn the igniter know just like I would to light a burner. Takes a few turns but works for me.
          2019 Ford F250 Lariat Diesel
          2019 Reflection 315RLTS

Comment

Thanks everyone! I'll give this a try...
            2019 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

Turn on a burner for a moment to confirm gas flow to the unit. Turn oven knob to pilot setting. Push and hold knob in for 10 or 15 seconds. After that while continuing to hold knob in activate the clicker. Once pilot light is going continue holding the knob in for another 10 to 15 seconds. At this point the pilot should stay lit and use the oven as normal.

All these ovens are miss calibrated. Once you figure out how much off your oven is just adjust temperature accordingly.

It took me some time to figure this all out. I use to use a lighter. Now that I figured it out it works pretty well. The cooking height sucks but at least now the gas and temperature calibration is figured out.

Charles and Susan
              2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
              Andersen Hitch
              2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Originally posted by ckreef View Post
                Turn on a burner for a moment to confirm gas flow to the unit. Turn oven knob to pilot setting. Push and hold knob in for 10 or 15 seconds. After that while continuing to hold knob in activate the clicker. Once pilot light is going continue holding the knob in for another 10 to 15 seconds. At this point the pilot should stay lit and use the oven as normal.

All these ovens are miss calibrated. Once you figure out how much off your oven is just adjust temperature accordingly.

It took me some time to figure this all out. I use to use a lighter. Now that I figured it out it works pretty well. The cooking height sucks but at least now the gas and temperature calibration is figured out.
                Charles I discovered through trial and effort the same procedure as you’ve mentioned and they work very effectively. Most of the time it takes me about 6-8 “clicks” of the igniter knob for the pilot to light and I then wait about 15 seconds, as mentioned, to then s l o w l e y turn the temperature knob and the element lights up perfectly well. Thanks fir your input!

Dave and Sue
                2020 GD 2250RK
                2019 F-150 XLT, 5.0, 4WD, SB
                Curt 17500 WDH, 3.55
                GY Endurance, Dexter EZ Flex
                SCPO(SW) USN, (Ret), HP: Tampa Bay ⚓️🇺🇸

Comment

Thanks everyone!
                  2019 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

Originally posted by TNFSolitude View Post
                    PS. Hope that the temperature setting is reasonably calibrated so the temperature you desire is where the oven heats to. These ovens are notorious for inaccuracies.
                    Our Solitude resembles that remark. We have a new oven sitting at the dealer awaiting install. Ours was actually heating to about 125 degrees less than was being displayed. We will know before we come home that it heats properly. I can deal with differences in temps, but a max temp of 375, nope.

Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                    Nash County, NC
                    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Once it's lit and you want to bake something we've found using a pizza stone or something similar helps even the heat.

John
                      John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
                      2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
                      ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
                      2017 Jayco 26BH
                      2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

Comment

Working...
                      X