TV antenna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV antenna

What tv antenna is on a 2019 Solitude 385gk. The spec’s say King Jack but it looks different

I have heard that GD was installing a new antenna that looked like an upside bucket ,Winegard 360 I think , this may be what you have. Also have heard some good reviews of this and have been thinking of upgrading to this.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I am new to the forum, just purchased the RV.
      Got it home and the OTA antenna not receiving anything.
      Have owned many RV’s so I have checked all the obvious things.
      Worked find at the dealer check out

Comment

• TNFSolitude
        TNFSolitude commented
        Editing a comment
        Did you press the little amplifier button? Don't know where it is on your RV.

That was the first thing I checked
      Have since verified 12vdc to the antenna, will look elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver View Post
        That was the first thing I checked
        Have since verified 12vdc to the antenna, will look elsewhere
        Assuming you have a TCL TV, the input (after pressing the MENU button on the remote) must be set on "TV". Then (again, after pressing the MENU button) select CHANNELS. The signal source must be ANTENNA. Go down to SCAN and press OK. The TV will look for local channels.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I had already done the channel scan routine on both tv’s with the same result. No channels found.

Comment

Coax connections are sometimes “less than fully tight” at assembly. Since you are having this problem on both TVs, I would suggest pulling the booster plate and checking the Coax connection from the antenna. Also check the Coax connection at the antenna. If both of these are good and you have a cable connection length of Coax, connect it directly between antenna and booster to check for an internal break or disconnect.

Rob

Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
              Coax connections are sometimes “less than fully tight” at assembly. Since you are having this problem on both TVs, I would suggest pulling the booster plate and checking the Coax connection from the antenna. Also check the Coax connection at the antenna. If both of these are good and you have a cable connection length of Coax, connect it directly between antenna and booster to check for an internal break or disconnect. Rob
              Oliver per @Cate&Rob's advice to check the connection at the antenna, we had to replace our King Jack antenna recently and learned that it was installed with a very thin coax cable from the antenna, which joined above the ceiling to a more-standard RJ-6 cable. If you have the King Jack and the rotator for it in the bedroom ceiling, the cover for that rotator pops off and four screws let you drop it from the ceiling. The connection you want to check is likely just inside the hole there.

If you have a multimeter, try checking for continuity between the center conductor and the woven shield on the side of the coax. With both ends disconnected there should be no continuity, with the antenna connected on one end there will be some continuity on the disconnected switch end, with the switch connected I'm not sure what you'll see on the antenna end (probably some continuity). Have someone wiggle connectors while you're checking them - the factory has become notoriously sloppy about making the connections properly. I had a connector that looked OK, but was easily slid off the cable and back on because it had not been properly crimped.

Good luck.
              Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

I have checked the connections at the “booster plate” and they are good. I can’t access the antenna connection, recent knee surgery, I will have to return to the dealer for that. Thanks for the help

Comment

Working...
                X