Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dometic DM2862 freezer not below 18 degrees.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dometic DM2862 freezer not below 18 degrees.

In our 2018 303rls, we have been lucky so far with our fridge until this week. Refrigerator section is ok 35-37 degrees but can’t keep freezer below 14-18 degrees on either electric or gas. Went to vent at top and fins are clean. Did not remove baffle but don’t know if that is going to make any difference as it has been fine since we have lived full time since 2018 in it. Also did the dollar bill test on seals, did notice a bit or resistance around the opening.

Any ideas what else we should check?
    Vivian
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
    Demco Recon

Originally posted by Beachcamper View Post
    In our 2018 303rls, we have been lucky so far with our fridge until this week. Refrigerator section is ok 35-37 degrees but can’t keep freezer below 14-18 degrees on either electric or gas. Went to vent at top and fins are clean. Did not remove baffle but don’t know if that is going to make any difference as it has been fine since we have lived full time since 2018 in it. Also did the dollar bill test on seals, did notice a bit or resistance around the opening.

Any ideas what else we should check?
    Are you camping somewhere especially cold? The refer cycles based on the temperature of the refrigerator compartment. It does not sense temperature in the freezer at all. If it doesn’t need to run to cool the refrigerator compartment, it won’t cool the freezer. I have taken my unit out of storage for a winter trip and had to leave the refrigerator door open for several hours to get it to cool the freezer. The refrigerator was already at 38 degrees do it wouldn’t cycle. May be irrelevant but just fyi.
    2018 Reflection 303rls
    MORryde IS, FlexArmor roof
    Blue Ox Super Ride hitch
    2017 Ford F350 CCSB SRW

Comment

We’ve done the same thing with the fridge in our 303. I’ll open the fridge doors, and swing them back and forth, to move some of the cold air out, just to get it to turn on so that it will cool the freezer. Of course, that’s only after the fridge is cold enough, which sometimes isn’t the case, so we just live with a warmer freezer. At least it keeps the ice cubes frozen, just not the ice cream. I also read, in the manual, that you shouldn’t use the fridge if the outdoor temp is below a certain point (don’t remember exactly what that point is). My wife said, “What are you supposed to do at that point?” I said, “I guess you just put the food outside and it will stay cold...”
      Tom and Janice (also known as Richter on the “Other” forum)

First came the 18' Comfort bumper-pull, was great for 20 years.
      Now a 2019 Reflection 303RLS, second air, double glass, table and chairs
      2019 F350 Lariat 4x4 Crewcab with lots of goodies
      Andersen aluminum with the puck system holding it all together
      Cranberry Twp. PA, about 30 miles north of Pittsburgh

Comment

Well I am in south Florida and it’s about 82-85 degrees outside so cold ambient air is not the issue.
        Vivian
        2018 Reflection 303rls
        Ford F-350 diesel long bed 4 x 4 SRW
        Demco Recon

Comment

Vivian - I don't have any experience working with these bigger RV refrigerators. But last week, a member made a post about issues with their Norcold refrigerator and how he fixed it. I'm just guessing here, but I wonder if the technology and the issue might be similar.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...g-norcold-1210

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
          X