Insignia Oven Issue on M399th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KALockhart54 View Post
    i am wondering if anyone has found a solution for the pilot light going out once the oven reaches desired temp? We have tried all the suggestions provided and still have the random issue. They want to send us a new oven.
    Can't help with your question, but noted that was your first post so wanted to make you aware of the Welcome Letter to New Members https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

Hopefully it helps you get the most out of your time here on the forum.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We just bought a 2021 Solitude 378mbs and are living in it full time. I have used this oven less than 10 times and the pilot is now going out during use. I have lost two different attempts at banana nut bread. I will try some of your suggestions and see if they work on mine.

Comment

Also, don't leave the oven door open when it is on. It melted the knobs. Wasn't open that long.

Comment

Originally posted by spazusmc View Post
          We just bought a 2021 Solitude 378mbs and are living in it full time. I have used this oven less than 10 times and the pilot is now going out during use. I have lost two different attempts at banana nut bread. I will try some of your suggestions and see if they work on mine.
          Hello and welcome!

When responding please use the Quote feature or "tag" the person you're responding to. This is explained in the Welcome Letter to New Members at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members or the thread points you to a resource that explains the quirks of this forum. I hope you'll take a few moments and see if there's information thats helpful to your experience here on the forum.

Thanks for the input on your experience with the oven.

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by spazusmc View Post
            I am new to this site and wanted to respond even though this thread is pretty old.

The Insignia oven in our 2021 310GK never worked properly from day one. As mentioned by others, the oven will fail to stay on with the door closed. I watched it closely and the main burner and the pilot light slowly are snuffed out. It appears to be a lack of air to sustain the combustion. There are no inlet air vents that I can see.

I talked to an individual at Best Buy corporate and he said they have had a lot of these types of issues with this model oven. They got to the point of having the oven redesigned and he expected the first shipment of these updated units to arrive mid-July. I talked to him last week and they have not gotten the units yet and expects it will be another couple of weeks.

They will be sending me the replacement unit as soon as they arrive and I will post what the differences are and if the new oven works properly.

John

Comment

PappaJohn Welcome to the family and the forum!

Please post back when you find the new oven and let us know what part number to use. When Grand Design went to these ovens, we tried to find information then, we hit a wall, but I haven't chased that chicken in a while.

When you have time, the moderators have taken the time to create a Welcome Letter to help new members have the best possible experience on the forum including posting tips, how to set up a signature line and searching the forums. You can find the letter at https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members.
              Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
              Nash County, NC
              2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by PappaJohn View Post

I am new to this site and wanted to respond even though this thread is pretty old.

The Insignia oven in our 2021 310GK never worked properly from day one. As mentioned by others, the oven will fail to stay on with the door closed. I watched it closely and the main burner and the pilot light slowly are snuffed out. It appears to be a lack of air to sustain the combustion. There are no inlet air vents that I can see.

I talked to an individual at Best Buy corporate and he said they have had a lot of these types of issues with this model oven. They got to the point of having the oven redesigned and he expected the first shipment of these updated units to arrive mid-July. I talked to him last week and they have not gotten the units yet and expects it will be another couple of weeks.

They will be sending me the replacement unit as soon as they arrive and I will post what the differences are and if the new oven works properly.

John
                For those of us with an Insignia stove problem, it would be good to hear from Megan or Emily when Grand Design has the new models. I am still talking with them, but a new stove may be the best solution. If we replace our unit, we will want the new version.
                2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Originally posted by Crespro View Post

For those of us with an Insignia stove problem, it would be good to hear from Megan or Emily when Grand Design has the new models. I am still talking with them, but a new stove may be the best solution. If we replace our unit, we will want the new version.
                  When I called GD, the person I talked to seemed knowledgeable but was unaware of the issues with the stove and didn’t realize it was a Best Buy product because they don’t buy them direct from Best Buy.

The individual I have been talking to at Best Buy corporate has been very helpful and once I described my issue he immediately said they would send out a new one, no further questions asked. I think he said they were getting 600 units on this first shipment. I expect it would be a slower process going through GD since they would be working through a distributor who then would be dealing with BB.

Comment

Originally posted by PappaJohn View Post

When I called GD, the person I talked to seemed knowledgeable but was unaware of the issues with the stove and didn’t realize it was a Best Buy product because they don’t buy them direct from Best Buy.

The individual I have been talking to at Best Buy corporate has been very helpful and once I described my issue he immediately said they would send out a new one, no further questions asked. I think he said they were getting 600 units on this first shipment. I expect it would be a slower process going through GD since they would be working through a distributor who then would be dealing with BB.
                    I have been researching the 24 inch stoves. Most of the higher end units have an LP option, but they have ovens from 2.4 CF to 2.8CF. I think Insignia engineers have created a problem by building a 3.7 CF unit. It will be difficult to insulate that unit and maintain even temperatures. It may take time and two or three build versions to redesign the stove and solve the oven problems. I am inclined to limp along with our two burners until next year.
                    2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Originally posted by bertschb View Post

Oh, that's right. I got it backwards. Sorry about that.
                      I just picked up my 397TH and I found that if I don't have shore power, the stove top or oven will not ignite. Would the inverter not supply the 120v needed for igniting the pilot? Or am I missing something?
                      Tom -
                      2021 Ford F350 DRW
                      2021 Momentum 397TH
                      2016 Polaris RZR XP1000

Comment

Originally posted by twdndld View Post

I just picked up my 397TH and I found that if I don't have shore power, the stove top or oven will not ignite. Would the inverter not supply the 120v needed for igniting the pilot? Or am I missing something?
                        Unfortunately the inverter is not tied in to the oven circuit. If you don't have shore power, the stove won't light. This has been a source of irritation to many owners. I wish there was an owner-based resolution but I am not aware of one. Your only recourse at this point may be a call to Grand Design Customer Service to ask if there's something they will do for you if this is important enough to pursue.

Howard

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Unfortunately the inverter is not tied in to the oven circuit. If you don't have shore power, the stove won't light. This has been a source of irritation to many owners. I wish there was an owner-based resolution but I am not aware of one. Your only recourse at this point may be a call to Grand Design Customer Service to ask if there's something they will do for you if this is important enough to pursue.

Howard
                          Thanks Howard. Appreciate the information.
                          Tom -
                          2021 Ford F350 DRW
                          2021 Momentum 397TH
                          2016 Polaris RZR XP1000

Comment

Trekwood sells the range and some parts, you're going to need the big checkbook.

Comment

I know this item is fairly old, but not sure where else to try. I have sent off an email to GD about this and other items, but haven’t heard anything back yet. I just sent it yesterday, so I understand it may take a few days to hear back. I am having a similar issue, but mine appears to be the pressure coming out of the pilot light tube. It appears to try and light, but the pressure blows it out. I have tried turning the knob way down, and I was able to get it to light, but once I turned it up to set a temperature, it blew out. I saw that there may be an adjustment behind the knob for the gas pressure. Does anyone have any documentation on how to do that?

As an aside, I don’t like the idea that the oven can’t be lit without AC power, since I do a lot of boondocking, but I guess dealers are int he business to sell, not really explain or even service them. Not too happy with my dealer at this point. They haven’t returned calls or provided any help. Hoping to hear back soon, but might have to call the sales manager, or even try the owners to get some traction on this. I expect a little more out of dealer who sells $100K plus trailers.

Alan
                              Alan & Kim Beebe
                              2022 Solitude 375-RES

Comment

abeebe69 Alan, please review the thread https://gdrvowners.com/forum/propane...gulator-recall to see if by chance your regulator is suspect and failing.
                                Joseph
                                Tow
                                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                                X