Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New OnBoard Compressed Air Setup (VIAIR Constant Duty ADA System)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by howson View Post

What I'd like to figure out is a way to have a retractable hose mounted under the bumper of the truck or maybe even on the tongue of the RV?. Not sure if that's even feasible but it's the last nuisance in my setup ("1st world problem", for sure).
    I am playing around with the Viair coiled air line and some 4" PVC fence post. Not exactly retractable but this is where I am heading. Sort of like my sewer hose holders. They work better and the hose feeds better if the post is vertical.
    Last edited by Cahriad; 12-11-2020, 01:07 AM.
    Reflection 297RSTS
    Ram Laramie CC 2500 Hemi

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

What I'd like to figure out is a way to have a retractable hose mounted under the bumper of the truck or maybe even on the tongue of the RV?.
      A retractable air hose to go with the VIAIR compressor would be a good idea. I gave up on fighting with the coiled hose and went to a 1/4" polyurethane "roofer's" hose. It is very easy to hand coil or uncoil and lays out straight when in use. But . . . an internet search finds this type of hose on a small rewind . . . I will have to investigate this further !

Rob

Click image for larger version

Name:	Air Hose.jpg
Views:	357
Size:	11.5 KB
ID:	37574Click image for larger version

Name:	Hose Reel.jpg
Views:	334
Size:	7.6 KB
ID:	37575

Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I found that retractable reel also. The only issue is, it has a max capacity of around 6' of hose as it is designed to hang over a work bench with an air tool attached.
        Reflection 297RSTS
        Ram Laramie CC 2500 Hemi

Comment

Yoda -- this (hopefully) clears up the earlier misinformation shared in your thread (which I'll find and post a link to this post).

Due to the failure of the original VIAIR pump (documented here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...owing-30a-fuse ) the OEM Airlift compressor was installed requiring a wiring change from what is shown in post 3 of this thread.

Below is the current setup as documented in the Comprehensive wiring thread here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...lts-f-350-mods

The significant change is Upfitter 1 now powers the Airlift compressor as well as the manifold. The VIAIR pump in the diagram below is the new one as documented in this thread. It is a completely separate unit and is not utilized for the airbag system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-10-19 190510.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	122011
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X