Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maxair Vent Will Not Open

Hello,
    We just received delivery of our new 2020 2930RL and when we turn on the Maxair 4951KS fan, the fan turns on but the vent does not open. I checked the wiring and power seems to be correctly hooked up. Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot the issue. Could it be a faulty rain sensor and how would I test for that?

Thanks,
    Marcel

Originally posted by Cyellowfin View Post
    Hello,
    We just received delivery of our new 2020 2930RL and when we turn on the Maxair 4951KS fan, the fan turns on but the vent does not open. I checked the wiring and power seems to be correctly hooked up. Is there anything else I can do to troubleshoot the issue. Could it be a faulty rain sensor and how would I test for that?

Thanks,
    Marcel
    Hi Marcel,

This could be as simple as the lid sticking to the seals. (This happens to ours if they have been closed for a long time). Take out the screen and press up (gently) on the lid along the seals. It should then open just fine.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Hi Rob,
      Nope, still didn't work but thank you for your advice.

Marcel

Comment

Hi Rob,

Marcel
        Is the motor spinning trying to lift up the lid or is there no response at all?
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi Rob,

Marcel
          Can you raise the cover by turning the manual knob?

Rob
          Cate & Rob
          2015 Reflection 303RLS
          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I can turn the knob manually and the vent will open and close. When I push the wall control vent button to open or close, it just beeps?

Marcel

Comment

I can turn the knob manually and the vent will open and close. When I push the wall control vent button to open or close, it just beeps?

Marcel
              You may want to return this to your dealer for warranty repair , or. You could drop the inside plastic liner at the vent and check the wiring there to make sure there is power getting from the switch to the fan and motor. If there is no power getting to the fan and motor then you may either have faulty wiring or a faulty switch.

Brian
              Brian & Michelle
              2018 Reflection 29RS
              2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Marcel
                Hi Marcel,

I have MaxxAir vent fans that I installed myself, so they have wireless remote control. Beeps without expected response from the fan usually means that the remote and the fan have gotten out of sync. Removing power from the fan will usually reset things. I don’t know if this applies to wired control units or not.

An internet search seems to point to reversed power wiring or a failed circuit board. Mixed reviews on the helpfulness of MaxxAir Customer Service, but it would be worth giving them a call before hauling the trailer back to your dealer (unless you are taking it back for other warranty work).

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks for all for your advice. I do have a couple of small warranty issues that I have to bring the trailer in for but I have a lead time of six weeks before I can bring it in. In the meantime, I will give Maxair a call and see if they can be of any help.

Again, many thanks for your input

Marcel

Comment

Cyellowfin Welcome to the family and the forum!
                    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                    Nash County, NC
                    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

I've enountered the same situation myself and I was surprised at the cause. The Maxxair has a rain sensor feature that will cause the cover to close if it senses dampness. When ours won't open, it's almost always because condensation has formed on the sensor. You should be able to use the manual knob to open the cover. Note: If you use the manual knob to open the cover, it will not close on its own if it senses rain or moisture.

Jim
                      Jim and Ginnie
                      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
                      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
                      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
                        I've enountered the same situation myself and I was surprised at the cause. The Maxxair has a rain sensor feature that will cause the cover to close if it senses dampness. When ours won't open, it's almost always because condensation has formed on the sensor. You should be able to use the manual knob to open the cover. Note: If you use the manual knob to open the cover, it will not close on its own if it senses rain or moisture.

Jim
                        I have the same fan, but I think when the rain sensor trips the fan stops correct? If so, and if his fan is running I would think it is not the rain sensor. Not 100% sure on that though.
                        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
                        2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
                        2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Working...
                        X